Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B777Forevar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
Chicago, IL
I don't want to hijack the other desktop threads since those are filled with macs.

Attachments

• hJPC8.jpg
    hJPC8.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 931

triptolemus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2011
I don't want to hijack the other desktop threads since those are filled with macs.

This actually isn't a bad thread... in fact, I have a question for you... how did you achieve the minimalistic taskbar? I run Win7 in a VM, primarily for Quicken and for radio programming. Win 7 is pretty much always up on a secondary monitor. If it's gonna be up, it may as well look... better.

I really dig the taskbar in your screenshot... I'd love to do that... How?

Kitty pic is also great, btw...

And for topic, a default Win desktop...

Attachments

• windows2.jpg
    windows2.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 502

B777Forevar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
Chicago, IL
I really dig the taskbar in your screenshot... I'd love to do that... How?

To put the icons to the center? Make a random folder in your document file. on your taskbar deselect the "lock the task bar option"

Then on tastkbar again click and select "new folder" and and find the empty folder you made, then drag it around til your icons are in the center. then select the folder and click hide icon and name.

then click on the taskbar again and click "lock the taskbar"

hope that makes sense

Also, the theme is called appows if you are wondering.

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
To put the icons to the center? Make a random folder in your document file. on your taskbar deselect the "lock the task bar option"

Then on tastkbar again click and select "new folder" and and find the empty folder you made, then drag it around til your icons are in the center. then select the folder and click hide icon and name.

hope that makes sense

Been wanting to learn how to that for a while. Here is my desktop as it stand right now. :)

Attachments

• almost april '12.png
    almost april '12.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 545

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
that's a weird resoultion. what resolution are u running?

It is. Its an old HP 17" LCD that I'm using. The resolution is 1280x1024. Here is my setup as of now. Was taken with my phone, so apologies for small size, grain, or any other issue.
46a44f0e3f1f__1327727478000.jpg

I plan on upgrading to the Dell U2410 sometime in the near future.

holiday-gift-guide-2009,K-W-231440-13.jpg

mlovergaard

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
New York City
I have XP running through Parallels, but I decided to give it a Windows 7 theme.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-17 at 1.19.23 PM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-17 at 1.19.23 PM (2).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 301

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010

hope that makes sense

Could you please re-explain this or could someone else re-explain it in a different way? I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
All you have to do is right click your taskbar and make sure to unlock it. When right clicked, look for the 'toolbar' menu. Within that it should say something relevant to 'browse more...'. From there your documents folder will open. Just make a new folder and select it. Then it should appear in your taskbar reading 'new folder'. Just drag it around until you are happy with result. To remove it from saying 'new folder' just right-click it and uncheck the two options checked. Should be good then. Hopefully that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.