Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipadfreak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2010
I have a 4S.... Thinking of switching to the HTC One X... Am I insane?

PacificBeach

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2011
Beautiful phone, it has 2 models ONE-X is Quad-CORE tegra 3 international only and HSPA+ ONLY,
and the att/sprint ONE-XL is DUAL-CORE Snapdragon 4 with HSPA+ and LTE.
Early benchmarks suggest the ONE-XL is the best model to have.
It has a awesome camera also,Very fast shutter. 720p IPS retina display type 4.7 inch screen.

But as a Galaxy Nexus user i would say stay with iphone. HTC is really bad with getting timely updates.

----------

You may be getting the ONE-X confused for the One XL

Padraig

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
Beautiful phone, it has 2 models ONE-X is Quad-CORE tegra 3 international only and HSPA+ ONLY,
It has a awesome camera also,Very fast shutter. 720p IPS retina display type 4.7 inch screen.

But as a Galaxy Nexus user i would say stay with iphone. HTC is really bad with getting timely updates.

----------

Played with one today; screen is stunning, easily the best I've seen on a smartphone. But ya, HTC are terrible for updates and while Sense 4.0 is less sucky, it's still not vanilla Android ICS.

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
It depends, what do you use your phone for?

If you use your phone for, games, or web surfing, or social networking, or watching movies or shows, or recording with a camera or video, or downloading things, or talking on then YES you should switch. If you dont use your phone for that stuff then its not so important.

mbell1975

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
If you use your phone for, games, or web surfing, or social networking, or watching movies or shows, or recording with a camera or video, or downloading things, or talking on then YES you should switch.

Battery life is awful on the phone. You won't get more than a few hours of use doing any of that.

MotionxxUSxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Got mine yesterday. Nice phone, a bit buggy. Having some signal issues on AT&T. I may return for this reason. I also realized how much I like the iPhone size. The size of the one x makes it hard to do anything one handed.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
I really wish this site had an Android section. Why do people feel they have to share their latest obsession on an IPHONE forum!!!!????!!!!! This is NOT a blog site!!! UGH

Agreed, android users need to get a life.

Random trolling of other different os phone forums is pathetic...

Last edited by a moderator:

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
Agreed, android users need to get a life.

Random trolling of other different os phone forums is pathetic...

So if an ipad or atv or mac owner has an Android phone they need to 'get a life' and aren't allowed to post on here? Does that really make sense to you?

There are obviously a lot of Android and iDevice owners on this forum. Just because you aren't one of them doesn't give you the right to insult others.

----------

Got mine yesterday. Nice phone, a bit buggy. Having some signal issues on AT&T. I may return for this reason. I also realized how much I like the iPhone size. The size of the one x makes it hard to do anything one handed.

You may want to check out thr Samsung Galaxy S2 or S2 Skyrocket.

surjavarman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2007
Why does everyone get angry here when iphone users are defecting to other brands.

Its simple. The iphone 4s is old and outdated. And I bet that they are just going to use that disappointing A5x chip for the new iphone with the same screen size and design as the iphone 4/4s. I bet its going to have that huge bezel and that flawed home button again. Thats going to be so disappointing. I am not going to wait for that. I'll get an android phone now thanks. They need to revamp their OS too. iOS is an OS for dumb phones not for smartphones.

Either they announce something now or it will be too late. I just can't wait anymore. One year cycle is simply too long for phones nowadays. They have a 6month cycle for their macbooks, why not for phones?

And then people are complaining about others defecting to android? The hardware is outdated and the software is getting boring, stale and same old same old.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Why does everyone get angry here when iphone users are defecting to other brands.

Its simple. The iphone 4s is old and outdated. And I bet that they are just going to use that disappointing A5x chip for the new iphone with the same screen size and design as the iphone 4/4s. I bet its going to have that huge bezel and that flawed home button again. Thats going to be so disappointing. I am not going to wait for that. I'll get an android phone now thanks. They need to revamp their OS too. iOS is an OS for dumb phones not for smartphones.

Either they announce something now or it will be too late. I just can't wait anymore. One year cycle is simply too long for phones nowadays. They have a 6month cycle for their macbooks, why not for phones?

And then people are complaining about others defecting to android? The hardware is outdated and the software is getting boring, stale and same old same old.

Who's angry? I just find it annoying that people have to announce everytime they wanna try something different.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Looks like an awesome phone, and I like how they've gone for a slim form factor rather than bulky like they usually do! Screen is supposed to be amazing.

Invincibilizer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
I am actually glad that its not stock ICS.

Sense 4 + ICS is better than stock ICS to me, sense 4 is one of the few overlays that improves on the stock OS.

You are not insane,I was deciding between HTC One X and other Android devices like Galaxy S2. To me HTC sense is better than touchWiz and getting the 4.3 inch HTC One S is the preferred one for its size.

Certinfy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
London
It's a good phone so I don't see what's wrong with getting it.

Personally though I just wouldn't get an HTC considering their support of previous devices.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Impossible to say based on your OP. Selecting a device is a highly subjective matter. You'd need to include details regarding what you're looking for and why which always seems to be missing from threads like this.

Invincibilizer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011

----------

Updates are overrated

If the phone comes with great software ( as the HTC one devices are - ICS and Sense 4) Why would anyone look forward to newer updates?

mbell1975

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
Updates are overrated

If the phone comes with great software ( as the HTC one devices are - ICS and Sense 4) Why would anyone look forward to newer updates?

LOL

Only an Android user conditioned not to expect them and trying to cope with it would even ask this. If updates weren't important, why would Google spend so much time, money and resources building them? You think they have nothing better to do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.