Phones HTC One X

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by ipadfreak, Apr 6, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I have a 4S.... Thinking of switching to the HTC One X... Am I insane?

2. macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

Yes, yes you are.

3. macrumors 6502a

Ayemerica

It depends, what do you use your phone for?

4. macrumors 68040

Hey if you aren't happy with the 4S and want to try something new go for it.

5. macrumors 601

cambookpro

No. I like the One X, though hopefully I'm going to like the new iPhone more, as iOS is better than Android IMO. Slightly.

6. macrumors regular

Beautiful phone, it has 2 models ONE-X is Quad-CORE tegra 3 international only and HSPA+ ONLY,
    and the att/sprint ONE-XL is DUAL-CORE Snapdragon 4 with HSPA+ and LTE.
    Early benchmarks suggest the ONE-XL is the best model to have.
    It has a awesome camera also,Very fast shutter. 720p IPS retina display type 4.7 inch screen.

But as a Galaxy Nexus user i would say stay with iphone. HTC is really bad with getting timely updates.

----------

You may be getting the ONE-X confused for the One XL

7. macrumors 6502a

Played with one today; screen is stunning, easily the best I've seen on a smartphone. But ya, HTC are terrible for updates and while Sense 4.0 is less sucky, it's still not vanilla Android ICS.

8. macrumors 65816

chakraj

If you use your phone for, games, or web surfing, or social networking, or watching movies or shows, or recording with a camera or video, or downloading things, or talking on then YES you should switch. If you dont use your phone for that stuff then its not so important.

9. macrumors 6502a

Battery life is awful on the phone. You won't get more than a few hours of use doing any of that.

10. macrumors newbie

Where did you play with one?

11. macrumors 68040

bandofbrothers

Do or do not..... there is no try

12. macrumors 6502a

Ireland.

13. macrumors 6502

Got mine yesterday. Nice phone, a bit buggy. Having some signal issues on AT&T. I may return for this reason. I also realized how much I like the iPhone size. The size of the one x makes it hard to do anything one handed.

14. ap3604, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012

macrumors 68000

Agreed, android users need to get a life.

Random trolling of other different os phone forums is pathetic...

15. macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

If you can find a way to install stock ICS on it, I would say go for it.

16. macrumors 68040

I'm thinking about switching back to a flip razr phone. Should I do it?

17. macrumors 6502

So if an ipad or atv or mac owner has an Android phone they need to 'get a life' and aren't allowed to post on here? Does that really make sense to you?

There are obviously a lot of Android and iDevice owners on this forum. Just because you aren't one of them doesn't give you the right to insult others.

----------

You may want to check out thr Samsung Galaxy S2 or S2 Skyrocket.

18. macrumors 6502a

Why does everyone get angry here when iphone users are defecting to other brands.

Its simple. The iphone 4s is old and outdated. And I bet that they are just going to use that disappointing A5x chip for the new iphone with the same screen size and design as the iphone 4/4s. I bet its going to have that huge bezel and that flawed home button again. Thats going to be so disappointing. I am not going to wait for that. I'll get an android phone now thanks. They need to revamp their OS too. iOS is an OS for dumb phones not for smartphones.

Either they announce something now or it will be too late. I just can't wait anymore. One year cycle is simply too long for phones nowadays. They have a 6month cycle for their macbooks, why not for phones?

And then people are complaining about others defecting to android? The hardware is outdated and the software is getting boring, stale and same old same old.

19. macrumors 68040

Who's angry? I just find it annoying that people have to announce everytime they wanna try something different.

20. macrumors 601

Looks like an awesome phone, and I like how they've gone for a slim form factor rather than bulky like they usually do! Screen is supposed to be amazing.

21. macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

I am actually glad that its not stock ICS.

Sense 4 + ICS is better than stock ICS to me, sense 4 is one of the few overlays that improves on the stock OS.

You are not insane,I was deciding between HTC One X and other Android devices like Galaxy S2. To me HTC sense is better than touchWiz and getting the 4.3 inch HTC One S is the preferred one for its size.

22. macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

It's a good phone so I don't see what's wrong with getting it.

Personally though I just wouldn't get an HTC considering their support of previous devices.

23. macrumors 601

Impossible to say based on your OP. Selecting a device is a highly subjective matter. You'd need to include details regarding what you're looking for and why which always seems to be missing from threads like this.

24. macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Updates are overrated

If the phone comes with great software ( as the HTC one devices are - ICS and Sense 4) Why would anyone look forward to newer updates?

25. macrumors 6502a

LOL

Only an Android user conditioned not to expect them and trying to cope with it would even ask this. If updates weren't important, why would Google spend so much time, money and resources building them? You think they have nothing better to do?