Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
I have a fifth-generation Nano that I absolutely love, and it's 8GB memory is almost used up completely now. I almost completely use CD's (Literally bought 1 song off of the iTunes store) but I will never buy a third-party one, there are so many different kinds it will be really hard finding support for all the platforms that I use. I'm planning to buy an iPod mini for up to $50 to store my extra songs. And I don't want to sacrifice part of the music that I listen to. Would this purchase be worth it, and my warranty has already expired a long time ago, so could I upgrade my iPod nano's memory to maybe 16 or 32 GB? I love my iPod nano, but I listen to my iPod like 24/7 so that's why I was thinking of it. I might use some money for upgrading my iBook clamshell instead, and am going to need a server computer sometime in the future. Would this be worth it, and is there a cheaper market I can search for?

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
10$ ?!? specs?

Let's see...

It's an iPod mini with 4GB memory, 1st generation. It has a battery that only lasts about five minutes, but I just but a new one for $3. The actual iPod ended up costing $7.50, but in total it would be $10, so yeah. I heard that the iPod mini had the "Worst sound quality of all iPods" from a couple people and "Fantastic" and others claimed it was better than the 4G and 5G Nanos (Which I currently own). Is this something to worry about??

tayloralmond

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2009
Michigan, USA
Let's see...

It's an iPod mini with 4GB memory, 1st generation. It has a battery that only lasts about five minutes, but I just but a new one for $3. The actual iPod ended up costing $7.50, but in total it would be $10, so yeah.

That's a really great deal...congrats.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
That's a really great deal...congrats.

Thanks! Actually, you can find those iPods for really cheap on eBay, usually for $20 to $30. And since it's just a music player, I like that they're getting old. It saves me a lot of money without compromising anything I want to do.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
I almost had to buy another one because mine had a bunch of problems to deliver. It ended up that the seller had to replace mine, so now I ended up with a 2nd gen Nano with no problems whatsoever. I used the memory up in 4 days with songs that I was planning to put on my iPod (My computer's external hard drive got wiped so I would lose everything if I synced it) so I'm looking at a 20 GB third-generation iPod classic as my new one. I'm pretty sure that these are the cheapest for the memory it has, does anybody know otherwise?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.