Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lodoss

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2007
I received my replacement as well, and I'm keeping both in case the original gets damaged somehow.

TexasChemE

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
They told me they don't have the updated black one in stock but offered me the Gray/Light Gray or Blue/Dark Gray or I can wait for the black. Does anyone have those alternate ones? If so how do they look? Esp interested if someone has seen the black one compared to those. Thanks!

I'll be receiving my Gray/Light gray case tomorrow, I'll post pictures to show you how it looks.

skh41

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2012
Case colors.....

They told me they don't have the updated black one in stock but offered me the Gray/Light Gray or Blue/Dark Gray or I can wait for the black. Does anyone have those alternate ones? If so how do they look? Esp interested if someone has seen the black one compared to those. Thanks!

I have the Gray/light Gray and a family member has the Black/Black one. We think they are both very nice. The Gray is a darker gray, very sedate and professional looking. The black as you know has the same visual feel. I would honestly say, either one of those colors are a good choice. For me, where I had black on my first generation it's a nice change, while still being professional looking. I haven't seen the dark blue one, so no comment on that one. Hope this helps.

skh41

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2012
One more thought.....

I have the Gray/light Gray and a family member has the Black/Black one. We think they are both very nice. The Gray is a darker gray, very sedate and professional looking. The black as you know has the same visual feel. I would honestly say, either one of those colors are a good choice. For me, where I had black on my first generation it's a nice change, while still being professional looking. I haven't seen the dark blue one, so no comment on that one. Hope this helps.

I should say.....as you know, the Black case is all black, plastic and all......The Gray case is two-toned. Plastic parts are lighter than the vegan leather but compliments nicely......so if that would bother you it's something to consider.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
I got my replacement of the lexington , black color with working on and off, its brand new in the box i dont need it, if u are in new york and want to buy it send me a personal message here on the forum and u can pick it up for 25 bucks.

jps1012

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
NYC
I'll be receiving my Gray/Light gray case tomorrow, I'll post pictures to show you how it looks.

Thanks!

----------

Nice I ordered the Gray/Light Gray!

oakejs

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2008
I received my replacement on Friday April 20th. The problem is that it still doesn't work. I don't think there is a magnet in it. I'm not sure if I want to go through getting another one. I didn't have to send the first one back which is cool because I'm in Canada. I'll give them a call and see I guess. It's a nice case as it is, but I paid for one that worked with the magnet.

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
I received my replacement on Friday April 20th. The problem is that it still doesn't work. I don't think there is a magnet in it. I'm not sure if I want to go through getting another one. I didn't have to send the first one back which is cool because I'm in Canada. I'll give them a call and see I guess. It's a nice case as it is, but I paid for one that worked with the magnet.

that sucks...I haven't opened my replacement case yet as I was debating to sell it as BNIB. I think I'll open it to make sure the ON/OFF is working before selling it. I'm in Canada too, so also don't know if I'd want to go through the hassle of shipping back/waiting for yet another shipment.

Alboma

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2012
The replacement case arrived this morning. And the sleep/wake function finally works! I love the click sound when covered.

TexasChemE

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Thanks!

----------

Nice I ordered the Gray/Light Gray!

Here are some pics of the Gray/Light Gray

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

oakejs

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2008

An update. Incipio customer service has been great. They are going to ship me a working case.

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
Update: finally got around to opening my replacement case. Guess what?! No magnets. They're sending me another replacement. I will now have 3 cases. Might be able to open my own retail store at this rate!

TexasChemE

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Update: finally got around to opening my replacement case. Guess what?! No magnets. They're sending me another replacement. I will now have 3 cases. Might be able to open my own retail store at this rate!

Seriously? That is a buzz kill. At this point, you should just get the case for free.

VaporPro1

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
So I bought my second case off of Amazon and this one doesn't have a working sleep/wake function either. It was Navy Blue and I thought the Navy Blue cases had a working sleep/wake function. I'm going straight to Incipio this time, I just hope they replace my case.

GSF

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2011
I just purchase a new iPad Lexington Hard Shell Folio Case, Blue / Dark Gray! Suppose to get it by Monday my Targus slim case is falling apart need a new better case for my iPad that's why I chosen Incipio.

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
So I bought my second case off of Amazon and this one doesn't have a working sleep/wake function either. It was Navy Blue and I thought the Navy Blue cases had a working sleep/wake function. I'm going straight to Incipio this time, I just hope they replace my case.

Just FYI incipio has removed mention of auto on/off feature for the Lexington on their website.

fastmax

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
I just received my Gray Lexington from Amazon. The smart feature doesn't work, as there are no magnets. Pretty unbelievable really. Especially, since it took over a month to ship and they should have had enough time to solve the problem.

I'll probably return it to Amazon, because I am also not pleased with the strap when using the case in book mode. It just gets in the way. The front doesn't always lay flat when closed either. Other than that it's not too bad and the typing and viewing modes work well. It's also slim and has a nice feel to it.

I'm thinking about going with the Devicewear Bridgeway. Either that, or the RooCASE Dual-View, which is only $19 at Amazon.

Last edited:

VaporPro1

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
Fastmax, I had the same problem. I was really angry with amazon. What made it worse was that I bought another incipio Lexington from amazon, hoping that the wake/sleep would work. The new one had no magnets either. I finally decided to just contact incipio instead and they said that they would replace it.

Kainz

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2010
Purchased mine off Incipio like a month ago. It eventually reached the UK a week ago and was stuck in customs. So I've just picked my black one up.

First impressions: Quality is sublime and I was very impressed. The strap will take some getting used to. Then I opened and closed the thing and guess what? Goign to contact Incipio tonight. I am definately not going through with the hellhole of returning this thing after ordering it a month ago.

By contrast my £20 Invision cheapo case from Amazon UK offers equal protection compared to the Incipio and has a working magnetic lined lid.

Edit:
So I got in touch with Incipio last night and stated that I was somewhat dissappointed that they still had not sorted their production issues out regarding the auto-wake feature.

They immediately replied stating they were sorry and would send me a new Lexington with a working auto-wake function free of charge. They also told me to hold onto my existing one in the meantime

Support was top notch as I expected tbh. It's just a shame the excitement out of getting one was killed off due to the length of time it took to arrive, and the fact that my £20 Invision case from Amazon does the job perfectly.

Last edited:

fastmax

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
I ended up returning the Lexington and ordering a Bridgeway to replace it. I have to say the new case is just what I was looking for.

It's lightweight, very slim, no strap and a rear magnet for a terrific book mode, auto sleep/wake, nice styling in blue, convenient typing and landscape positions, and appears well-made.

I've been looking everywhere for just the right case under $40 and I really think the Bridgeway is it. If you're not too keen on the Lexington strap, or want something even slimmer, definitely check it out. It's no coincidence that this case is one of the highest rated on Amazon.

coreynyc

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2008
Anyone want to buy a brand new sealed black Lexington (from the replacement batch), please message me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.