Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2009
When I downloaded an app today my iPhone ask for a rescue email address and said it was for added security. Did anyone else get this message?

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
When I downloaded an app today my iPhone ask for a rescue email address and said it was for added security. Did anyone else get this message?

Was it the app or Apple? I had one on iTunes on my Mac. Obviously, I ignored as if i lose my password - I want my stuff to be gone for good.

bigchief

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2009
It was apple and I received an email from apple stating I had taken the added security step and provided a rescue email address. Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

derickdub

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
VA
You don't have to insert a "rescue" email address.

I did find the security question choices rather annoying though.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I had that today and it pisses me off that I am trying to cut down on email accounts and they want me to use more. I have my gmail (connected to iTunes) and my iCloud. I couldn't use my iCould because it was already connected to iTunes with the gmail. So I had to remember an email that I actually want to use. The questions were a pain also, why couldn't I make my own questions like most places do?

derickdub

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
VA
I had that today and it pisses me off that I am trying to cut down on email accounts and they want me to use more. I have my gmail (connected to iTunes) and my iCloud. I couldn't use my iCould because it was already connected to iTunes with the gmail. So I had to remember an email that I actually want to use. The questions were a pain also, why couldn't I make my own questions like most places do?

If you see my previous post, you don't have to use a rescue email. It even says "optional" in the field where you enter the text.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.