Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RL7

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2012
Hi
Just asmall important note that im having trouble to figure out

do i must have the original sim?

cause most ppl who need unlock are ppl oversea that bought the phone in some other country and most likely wont have the original sim

vtmikevt

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
will this work to allow a Verizon iPhone 4S to work with an AT&T SIM? I never understood the rules with unlock w/ regards to the iPhone 4S.

swiftbmx

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
will this work to allow a Verizon iPhone 4S to work with an AT&T SIM? I never understood the rules with unlock w/ regards to the iPhone 4S.

The same thing I'm dying to know. If it does work, does that mean we put in the AT&T sim card to activate the phone when we do the unlock method?

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
It is really great that we can finally unlock our phones, but... I guess the time isn't right... I mean... This method will be patched by Apple or they can't do this anytime soon? Because if they can, it would be nicer to wait until 5.1 jailbreak...

jekyoo

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Chicago
I tested this on a friend's iPhone and we can confirm that this works. Did this on an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1 (tethered jailbreak).

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
I hope you guys know(its ok if u don't cause now you will) that Gevey (Applenbery) just announced Gevey Ultra Untethered Unlock for iOS 5.1 iPhone 4 on latest base bands, I think including the one coming up(04.12.xx)....I would highly recommend it because its easier for everyone to use, and I want to stress please buy it from applenberry.com or their official distributors on eBay....because I have bought fake ones from my local china market and few other people claiming to sell authentic on eBay back when the first gevey came out and all I can say it "UNRELIABLE" now I have Gevey Ultra S running on one of my iPhone 4S and its amazing for $30....Goodluck to you all doing the SAM way but do note its a long process and it gets even longer as the next time you happen to travel abroad you gonna have to put your thinking cap on just to get that sim to catch signal compared to Gevey.

PS I am no way affiliated with Gevey, just trying to help those looking to explore the option of UNLOCKING while not permitted(due to contracts) or because of no available options.

braxton34

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
This does not work for a Telus Canada locked iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.1.
I am trying to activate a Rogers SIM in it.
iTunes just says the SIM isn't supported and won't activate.
I guess the settings for Telus in SamPrefs must be wrong????

ExcelPremium

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2011
Anyone really shocked at how little exposure this is receiving? I thought it would be front page news from everywhere lol

mrki

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2008
Well my phone was locked before this and I have been waiting quite long for a solution, even if apple fix the hole soon I will stay away from upgrades for some time :D
The actually unlock guide that I was referring to is actually located here:
http://www.unlockanyiphone.net/new-unlock-for-iphone-4s-3gs-3g-ios-5-1/

Probably won't be long. Musclenerd said its a relatively new bug, so apple should be able to pinpoint the change that caused the bug pretty easily

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
I managed to get it to work on my friends iPhone 4 with a T-Mobile SIM card following the directions provided by that website!

weaselmtl

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2010
I travel frequently between US and Canada. Will this solution work with only one SIM at at time? Or will it accept the SIM from the original carrier the phone was locked to PLUS the spoofed Canadian SIM?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.