Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shamelesz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Good Day,

I have a problem to my file i accidentally delete and empty my trash, i use the recovery tool to recover the file but when i am going the open the file, i said error my file is Artpro application .ap my recovery tools change the file format to .ap.ai, anybody knows how to repair .ap files??? Thank you in advance

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country
Good Day,

I have a problem to my file i accidentally delete and empty my trash, i use the recovery tool to recover the file but when i am going the open the file, i said error my file is Artpro application .ap my recovery tools change the file format to .ap.ai, anybody knows how to repair .ap files??? Thank you in advance

Haven't used Artpro, but have you tried making a b/up of the recovered file, then renaming one copy by removing the ".ai" from the end?

shamelesz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Are you sure the recovered file is actually the file you are looking for and not a temp file or some other support file?

How can i determine if that file is temporary file? the file i recover exactly the same size the one i deleted before

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
How can i determine if that file is temporary file? the file i recover exactly the same size the one i deleted before

I don't really know the software that created the file you are looking for. I suggested it as a possibility. However, if the file is the same size as what you are looking for, then it probably is the file you are looking for.

Have you tried to open in from within the app you used to create it as opposed to just double clicking it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.