Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacRumors has begun receiving reports that iTunes Match has started going live in several new countries today. So far we have heard from users in Austria, Greece, and Italy, with some users reporting that they have been required to agree to updated iTunes Store terms and conditions addressing the service while others have even been able to sign up for the service.

itunes_match_signup_italy.jpg

iTunes Match signup page in Italian iTunes Store
It remains unclear just how broad this latest round of debuts is, as Apple has yet to update its support document outlining availability of iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match, but signs of activity in various international iTunes Stores suggest that iTunes Match may also be going live in Bulgaria, Portugal, and Slovenia.

As part of the new rollout of Apple's paid iTunes Match service, users in these countries should also be receiving access to the free iTunes in the Cloud services for music and music video, which allow users to re-download purchased content any number of times to devices associated with their iTunes Store accounts.

Article Link: iTunes Match Launching in New Countries Including Austria, Greece, and Italy

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
I don't know about anyone else but match is horrible for me, constantly failing to play music despite me having a HSPA+ 9mb down. Also playlists just do not show up.

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
I like match, but I'm waiting for new functionality. Maybe I'm dreaming, but there should be some control over what is matched to what. I still am pissed off that I get a very mainstream CD and rip it via iTunes in lossless format and match matches all but one track. Can't you figure out that I have the whole frikken album and what this track is? And then it mixes songs within albums. For example I have the Seether album "Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces." There is a fair amount of explicit language on this album and one track the F word comes through loud and clear, but on FMLYHM, in which the F word starts the chorus, it drops it out. Either give me a whole explicit album or give me a clean version, but don't mix them. And these are from a CD rip not from pirated stuff.

I'm hanging in there hoping that they give me at least a little more control, but I could be delusional about my chances.

studio¹³¹

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2009
my match is bogus too...

constantly logging me out or just not connecting (having to authorize same computer over and over again) and replacing my music w/ safe lyric content...

Canubis

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Vienna, Austria
For my Austrian account, I can confirm that iTunes now shows up Music too within the "purchased items" area.

However, iTunes Match functionality still seems to be disabled in Austria. At least for me. Unable to subscribe to this service yet.

skoops

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2007
For my Austrian account, I can confirm that iTunes now shows up Music too within the "purchased items" area.

However, iTunes Match functionality still seems to be disabled in Austria. At least for me.

give it a little time. it's not officially launched yet. you might notice, that even tho' you can see the list of purchased songs, you are not able to re-download any one of them at the moment - it keeps saying that this item is unavailable.
this means they're not finished with the rollout

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
I do truly love iTunes Match, and its by far worth every cent of the $25 several times over.

It is quite inconsistent however, sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't...no particular reason why.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
How so?

I've been immensely happy with my Match account. Gives me access to my 11,000 tracks on multiple computers and devices.

I've had issues though. Some of my tracks don't play on my iPhone 4S or iPad 2, and simply skip to another track. My playlists are whack as well, mostly Smart Playlists. I reset it by turning if off on my Mac Pro, then deleted all my tracks from my iDevices and turned it off of them. I turned it back on, and still experiencing the same issues.

Also, it FUBared some songs, completely mismatching them. Needed to use Song Sergeant to fix em.

What did you do differently that I should be aware of? Thanks!

liquidsuns

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
Other than the fact that half my songs on my iPhone, iPad and ATV don't have album art, iTunes match is pretty cool. I especially like the playlist syncing.

Jetson

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2003
I enjoy iTunes Match very much.

That's not to say that there are not problems. The last updates to ATV made it work much, much better.

But since then, I've noticed as Apple rolls out this service to more and more countries, the performance is starting to suffer. It's taking longer for playlists to appear, and to get tracks to play.

And I would like to see more controls, though there is a certain complexity in synchronizing what's on 2 or more computers and what's on the iTunes Match database.

Also, I would prefer that iTunes Match did not upload unchecked tracks.

It's really an amazing product, but still needs some work.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
I've had issues though. Some of my tracks don't play on my iPhone 4S or iPad 2, and simply skip to another track. My playlists are whack as well, mostly Smart Playlists. I reset it by turning if off on my Mac Pro, then deleted all my tracks from my iDevices and turned it off of them. I turned it back on, and still experiencing the same issues.

Also, it FUBared some songs, completely mismatching them. Needed to use Song Sergeant to fix em.

What did you do differently that I should be aware of? Thanks!

Not sure if I'm doing anything different. I don't use playlists at all so I'm not able to comment on that.

Sometimes I do get issues with it not playing tracks from my 4S on 3G but I think that has more to do with my piss poor reception with ATT. Tracks always play fine on WiFi or on LTE with my Verizon iPad.

I mainly use iTunes Match on my iMac at work so I can a listen to all my tunes without physically downloading them. From time to time it will tell me to logout and log back in, but that's a quick fix and certainly doesn't annoy me.

eternalife

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2011
I don't know about anyone else but match is horrible for me, constantly failing to play music despite me having a HSPA+ 9mb down. Also playlists just do not show up.

I've gotta agree. I love the concept but the implementation is just not there. I live in Atlanta w/ a super strong Verizon network and trying to listen to my music via Match on my phone in my car is just painful. Even in my home on my super fast internet connection I was listening to an album last night and it became so jittery and then eventually gave up and jumped to the next song.

$25 wasn't a huge risk to take but maybe instead of rolling it out to more testers (I mean locations) why don't they clean it up first for the paying customers they already have.

aigujin

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2010
Helsinki, Finland

Confirm for Portuguese store. From desktop iTunes I can see the purchased songs under "Purchased'. IOS versions are still don't show anything... waiting for the cloud...

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
I'm warning you guys now.

DO NOT sign up for match, even after being out for months it's still horribly buggy. Worst case isn't it being unusable, it's messing up your library.

Seriously, take a pass on this thing until they finally work the bugs out. And I'm not convinced they will ever get around to it.

KouThan

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah Match is finally available in Greece, now I can all spend all that money I have just to have my pirated albums delivered from iTunes!

vajrakagyu

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2012
Athens
Yeah Match is finally available in Greece, now I can all spend all that money I have just to have my pirated albums delivered from iTunes!

Also in Greece. Purchased iTunes Match but when i authorize the Macbook a message pops out "error 11556" and check your connection... Did it work at immediately for you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.