Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I use the weather.com widget the most, and then the dictionary..I also use the world clocks a lot (three) so I know what time of day or night it is for some of the posters here.

Chimera

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2004
Surrey, England
Since I have lots of exams coming up the new iCal Events (v2) widget is great for a quick summary of how long I have left to revise :( and the design is really good too, so it is definately my current favourite and most looked at.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
iGary said:
I also use the world clocks a lot (three) so I know what time of day or night it is for some of the posters here.
That's exactly how I have mine set up! :D

My favourite Widget though is the weather one – I know it's nothing vital or incredibly useful (I can see what the weather is like by looking out the window, after all), but it's fun and that's the main thing!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
My ISP made a widget to show me how much quota I've used and how much I have to go etc. That is the greatest, but the weather widget and the VersionTracker widget are close behind. That's not the 'official' VT widget by the way, it's a simple search widget which is much better.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I like the weather widget the most - its the one I use more often than the others. The Stock Widget is pretty cool as well....

D

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Mr. Anderson said:
I like the weather widget the most - its the one I use more often than the others. The Stock Widget is pretty cool as well....

D

Yup, Apple is almost up to 40 again. :)

Google - $256.00 a share?!?!?

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2004
UK
Being a teenager, I have to get the train here and there a lot and I like a widget i downloaded called 'trains', it can find the next train leaving from any station, arriving times etc., its really helpful

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I use Wikity Widget (I think thats what its called, I'm not at my Mac right now) to take notes. But mostly I "use" the Reversi widget.

I'm glad they finally made a Netflix widget but the thing is too big!

Applespider

macrumors G4
russed said:
the weather one - but its never really acurate!

Certainly not in the UK. It's really frustrating since if you go to accuweather, you can set your default weather to your postcode (which is more accurate) and you can ID the location code that accuweather.com uses; for the UK, it's something like EUR;UK;PLACENAME. But although that will work in widget for the larger cities (like London), it won't work with the towns. So the weather is in the accuweather.com website (and available under the 'Welcome Apple Users' server) but you still can't get it! :mad:

Favourite widget... I'm not sure I can choose. I'm just trying to figure out how to keep all the ones I want active with limited screen space. The Dashwidget widget that turns widgets on and off might be my next download!

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
This is currently my favorite widget. Brilliantly designed by our own redeye_be this widget keeps me from having to constantly reload my stats page. Future improvements should make it even better.

Start folding today so you too can use this wonderful widget.

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
akelakk said:
Living in Norway I cant get he weather to work.
The converter is useful.
I am sure you can... they have 179 cities that are availible in Norway (I counted, but give or take a couple). Type the city name, in english, then comma and Norway... hit the enter key and wait a couple of seconds. Try it. You dont say where your from.. or I would have tried it for you.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
akelakk said:
Living in Norway I cant get he weather to work.
The converter is useful.
Just press the little I in the lower right corner. Type in kristiansand and press enter, and the widget confirms with Kristiansand, Norway. Change from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Press done (ikke noe problem ;)):

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    45 KB · Views: 955

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
My favorite Widget, by the way, has to be the Dictionary Widget. Not speaking English natively I used to look up words in "The Oxford Guide to the English Language" all the time, but since updating to Tiger I haven't touched the book, Dashboard has made the paper edition obsolete. :D

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 140

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
I don't have tiger installed yet (too chicken), but if I did, and when I do, the very first widget I will download is that award winning (yes award winning) Folding Widget! . It is my favorite widget ever!

I have bequethed, the semi weekly, "darn good job building sumthin" award to redeye_be, for his fancy Fold'n Widget. Congratulations to him/her for the prestigious, and most coveted A-ward!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 3,210
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.