Windows 8 Apple Keyboard Problems - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:33 PM   #1
kv1296
macrumors newbie

Windows 8 Apple Keyboard Problems

Hey everybody,
I just installed Windows 8 using boot camp on my iMac. Everything works great except for the keyboard. I find that if I leave the computer for a few hours and come back, the keyboard no longer works. The computer still thinks its paired, but it cannot type. In order to fix this problem, I now uninstall the keyboard as a Bluetooth device, restart, and then re connect the keyboard. For some reason, the keyboard doesn't actually uninstall either, it just gets stuck saying it's uninstalling. Anyway I can fix this without restarting everytime?
kv1296 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 02:49 AM   #2
KingJosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kv1296 View Post
Hey everybody,
I just installed Windows 8 using boot camp on my iMac. Everything works great except for the keyboard. I find that if I leave the computer for a few hours and come back, the keyboard no longer works. The computer still thinks its paired, but it cannot type. In order to fix this problem, I now uninstall the keyboard as a Bluetooth device, restart, and then re connect the keyboard. For some reason, the keyboard doesn't actually uninstall either, it just gets stuck saying it's uninstalling. Anyway I can fix this without restarting everytime?
You will have to wait for updated bootcamp software. Windows 8 is not officially released so you might be waiting a while. Just a question. Why are you using Windows 8 when it is a glorified windows 7 with more bugs? You should be using os x :P
KingJosh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Grannyville7989
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJosh View Post
Just a question. Why are you using Windows 8 when it is a glorified windows 7 with more bugs? You should be using os x :P
I'm a big Windows user so I'm trying it out to see what's new/changed in the latest version that will be coming out. So far I've been really enjoying using the consumer preview of Windows 8. I'm looking forward to its official release.
Grannyville7989 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:08 PM   #4
kv1296
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJosh View Post
You will have to wait for updated bootcamp software. Windows 8 is not officially released so you might be waiting a while. Just a question. Why are you using Windows 8 when it is a glorified windows 7 with more bugs? You should be using os x :P
Yeah, it's looking like I'll just have to wait. I'm using Windows 8 because I figured boot camp would be an easy way to try it out, being that I could easily delete the partition if it sucked. And it's free
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:32 PM   #5
murphychris
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kv1296 View Post
Yeah, it's looking like I'll just have to wait. I'm using Windows 8 because I figured boot camp would be an easy way to try it out, being that I could easily delete the partition if it sucked. And it's free
How is it easier than running it in a VM?
murphychris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 01:54 PM   #6
kv1296
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphychris View Post
How is it easier than running it in a VM?
Well I also wanted to use it to play games

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac