Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marioman38

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
Long Beach, CA
1gen Black 4GB iPod Nano, I thought WOW 4GB I'll never fill this up! :rolleyes:

That was in 2005, my cousin has it now, still works, its just a spare he takes jogging, etc.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Silver iPod Nano in around 2004 I think it was...

dsc_1046.jpg

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
The first gen 5GB with the wheel that actually moved. Quickly ended up letting my wife have that and grabbed a 10GB version that didn't have the moving wheel.

I've owned a version of every iPod since except for the classic and the current nano.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
My first iPod, and indeed my first piece of Apple hardware, was a blue 2nd-gen nano (4 Gb). I'd still have it up and running too, had it not been stolen some time ago. Oh well, my 5th-gen nanos have filled the void nicely.

Still, the 2nd-gen was an elegant bit o' kit. My wife was envious of how well it worked with my iTunes library. Her Sansa e250 was a bit of a pain to maintain; it didn't integrate well with Windows Media Player, and its video playback function was a total joke. She eventually ditched it for a iPod touch.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
1st Gen Nano 2GB in black. worked well for years but was getting a bit hit and miss on syncs towards the end so was happy to surrender it in the recall. Sold the 6th Gen and used the proceeds to part-fund the purchase of the iPad

mungzy

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2012
New York
1st generation original 5gb ipod. Still works when I charge it up.

I purchased it from eBay on February 1st, 2002 for $375 bucks!

They were priced at $399 back then... :eek:

IO01

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
Silver iPod Nano in around 2004 I think it was...

The 1st gen. Nano came out in Sep. 2005. (I remember because I got the 4gb white one.) So you must have acquired yours after that date. (The picture looks like a 2nd gen, which came out in Sep. 2006.)

The 1st gen. Nano wasn't my 1st iPod, however. My first was the 1st gen. iPod Mini (4gb), which I bought in the summer of 2004(?).

jodelli

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2008
Windsor, ON, Canada
Went into the Source in 2006 to get a new Shuffle (2G) and because they were still transitioning from the first generation I walked out with a new 2nd gen Nano.
Got the Shuffle (silver) later, and still use it sometimes. Broke the 2G Nano's screen years ago and am currently using a 4G Nano.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
My first was a second generation iPod (classic, white). It was the first one to have a touch-sensitive scroll wheel (the one before that was mechanical). I think it's still lying around here somewhere. That was back in the days when getting a higher gigabyte iPod meant getting a thicker one. I think mine was the 10 GB model, but somehow I ended up with two (a 20 GB as well). I honestly can't remember how that came to pass, but I gave one of them to my sister I think.

Timoke6

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2012
Mordor.
I bought my first iPod after i broke 6 other mp3-players, let's just say i was a little harsh with them when i was 13, haha.
I chose the iPod Nano 2g silver 2GB model, and it is still working:)
One of the best buys i ever made!

Last edited:

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Got my first iPod as a birthday present at the end of November 2001, 1st generation with Scroll Wheel 5GB. I loved it so much I bought my wife one for Christmas that year, we still have both of them and they're working just fine today - mine gets 7 hours of battery life, the wife's gets 9 but had it's battery replaced in 2003.

Much like a few other posts here I remember people stopping me on the street, bus, train, etc. asking me what it was and being astounded at how much music it could hold.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.