Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mafpolo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
Can't make it an entire day anymore, and that's been with two LOW ACTIVITY days so far.

Anybody else having this issue?:mad:

shinobi-81

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2012
You should restore it in iTunes, if you haven't already. I experienced the same when upgrading to 5.0, it could not hold for a few hours even.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Nope. It's just you.

Restore as new via iTunes(not from a back up), turn off all system location services except for Cell Network Search, turn off diagnostics and usage, set brightness to less than 50%, and turn off auto brightness.

mafpolo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
Yep 4S with IOS 5.1.1

I am comparing the battery life pre update...so it should be giving me similar battery life without having to turn off bluetooth, turn off auto brightness, etc.

I'm not meaning to be a jackass, but it will definitely improve if I just turn off the phone. I'm just frustrated, and I can't reset it on iTunes until I get home (I am traveling).

I did go ahead and set up a Genius appointment, but I will do the reset before I go in. Also, the battery gets warm as it charges...never did that before.

Why have I not learned my lesson, and waited for a while before I upgrade Apple software....

:mad:

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I was traveling too when I updated to 5.1.1, and I feel the battery drained faster than before. I'll have to do a restore sometime this week, I guess.

pcubed18

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
Same problem. And I just restored as new.
I'm goin to drain and see what happens. The battery on the 4s has been so bad for me.

I wish I could get an iPhone that would just last me a day and I didn't have to turn crap off.

YsoSerious

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Mine seems to be draining faster then normal too. Normal usage, backlight set to half brightness, blah, blah, blah. Can't get normal days use. :mad:

pcubed18

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
I don't think the thread is bad. It just sucks that the phone actually can't last a full day for some of us.

I truly envy the people that post 7hrs of good actual usage.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I'm suffering the same issue after a clean install with no restore! Safari is laggy too!

gCloud

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
United Federation of Planets
Losing 15% battery overnight with 5.1.1 on 4S with no apps running. Was losing 1-2% on 5.1.
Upgraded using dfu restore. All setings the same. Location off, bluetooth off, siri off, email manual.
Did anyone try rolling back to 5.1.

mafpolo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2010
Upgraded before I left

Sorry but what kind of mental giant upgrades when they're traveling?
I'm no mental genius, but I updated before I left. If I was a mental genius, I would have waited a good while until the bugs were gone before restoring in the first place.
:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.