Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chriscrk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2011
Planet Earth (?)
I'll be looking forward to this movie, more than the one Kutcher is going to star in. I may be wrong, but it feels like the one Kutcher is in is out there to make a quick buck. The moment Steve died, they jumped straight in to making a film.

The other one is taking it's time, by the looks of it.

Of course, they're both out to get money, I understand that. But at least the one based on Walter Isaacson's bio is taking it's time to make something that'll, hopefully, be worth watching and done with time and care.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
shighpraise.jpg

bjm2660

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Virginia
It should be told in three 3-hour parts. The special extended editions should be nearly 4 hours. Then a few years later they can do a two-part prequel.

Last edited:

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
Sorkin is an excellent screenwriter, one of the best in the business.

So true,...
I still to this day can't describe "The Social Network" in a way that sounds like it should be as good a movie as it is.

What I really hear is that Trent Reznor and his good lady wife are doing the soundtrack.

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
If Aaron Sorkin wrote this film...

3958.jpg

...then I'm definitely excited for this one:

stevestrikesback.jpg
Love the caption, Pirates II: The Steve Strikes Back.

They are really bringing out the heavy hitters for this one. Could be one of next year's top movies. Mind you, it will be up against some pretty stiff competition next year.

Last edited:

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
MwBFH.jpg

Would gain weight, lose weight, grow his hair, shave his head, basically do whatever is necessary to play Jobs as best as he can.

Eves apple

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2011
As much of a fan of Noah Wyle I am, I have to say the only other who I could see as Steve is Christian Bale.

yly3

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2011
I am so SO excited by this. I literally loved The Social Network. I am so excited that I don't even care who plays Jobs. I wish it was Noah, but I'm sure there are other talented people out there which I haven't heard about.

chatfan

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2006
in mah cribb yo
First interesting suggestion I have seen in a while. All the obvious "star" choices are so unoriginal :)

Mark Strong would also be cool and Cliff Curtis, but they are all only suitable for an older Steve. So who knows, let's hope they find some new true talent.

The worst part is, I hate the idea of Christian Bale playing Jobs as much as the idea of Kutcher, but he seems the only one who can do the charm and raging against his crew, thin, fat, etc. but so can any good actor. What you really need is a good director, it is the directors that make the actors look good. It is why some great actor completely suck in so many movies. It is going to be a lot more important who will direct and produce then who is going to be the look alike.

So how about Jim Caviezel, he already played Steve jobs before in the Passion, pretty much same story right? You prophet, someone crucifies you, you come back as a religion and rule the world for 2000 years. Yup, thats Steve's story all right.

He won't get the role, since he can't effectively play the earlier years of Jobs' life, but Stanley Tucci would be my ideal choice.

Last edited:

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK

Would gain weight, lose weight, grow his hair, shave his head, basically do whatever is necessary to play Jobs as best as he can.

He is the worst actor in history lol. In every film I've seen him in, all he does is shout and be angry.

CodexMonkey

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2012
If it doesn’t fade to black at the end, then fade back up to Clooney/Wyle/Bale/[Sandler? Nah.] saying "Just one more thing..." then they’re missing a trick.

Just saying.

DudeDad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
I wonder when it finally is available online for streaming, whether it will run in flash....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.