Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:32 PM   #501
clibinarius
macrumors 6502a

Didn't I say Haswell a few weeks ago? I'm not shocked. The tech/manufac simply isn't good enough yet.
clibinarius is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:33 PM   #502
ThisIsNotMe
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssn637 View Post
I'd be embarrassed to present that at the WWDC.
My thoughts exactly.

If these leaks coming out in the past few weeks are any indication of a post Steve Jobs Apple, the company is in deep trouble.
ThisIsNotMe is offline   -4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:34 PM   #503
theSeb
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasphall View Post
The RAM has changed from 1333mhz to 1600mhz
Thanks, Sherlock.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:34 PM   #504
gorskiegangsta
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssn637 View Post
I'd be embarrassed to present that at the WWDC.
Who said they will. It may be a "silent" update, for all we know. WWDC is all about software and development anyway.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:34 PM   #505
theSeb
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsNotMe View Post
My thoughts exactly.

If these leaks coming out in the past few weeks are any indication of a post Steve Jobs Apple, the company is in deep trouble.
lol
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:35 PM   #506

Quote:
My thoughts exactly.

Such minor updates are NEVER announced with fanfare at WWDC - they are just Apple Store updates. Happened many times before, it will happen again now.

THESE SPECS ARE REAL. Stop bothering.
50548 is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:35 PM   #507
dcmurrin
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewzz View Post
If this rumor is true, I'm shorting AAPL - this company is no longer the leader but rather a timid follower, the beginning of the end.
Yeah, that's the attitude <rolls eyes>.I've been hearing that since the late 90's. Now there are millions wishing they had bought MORE AAPL.

Good lord, some of these posts. Apple comes out with good spec's on their entry level laptop and you would think from reading here that the world has ended. LOL.
dcmurrin is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:35 PM   #508
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by definitive View Post
hope it's fake, because otherwise it only confirms my suspicion, that apple has once again lots its way without jobs, and they're starting to spread themselves thin when it comes to their computers and osx.
Even under Steve most of the hardware updates were spec bumps worth little fan fare. And it was common for them to not include the latest and greatest tech until it was a good year old, unless it was tech they helped build. So if this is real it's classic Apple, Steve Jobs style.
charlituna is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:35 PM   #509
ZballZ
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapple View Post
In this day and age, don't the people who want the ODD also want Blu-Ray support? How could Apple not support Blu-Ray if they keep the ODD?
Very Easy - b/c they want your money! Better for Apple if you rent your movies on iTunes instead of buying them in the shops!

I dont believe Apple will ever support BR, and will get rid of the ODD as soon as possible!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:37 PM   #510
koyoot
macrumors regular

About the screen. IMO it's the sticker which will land on the box of new MBP. The biggest difference from the stickers on MBP's is the code on the bottom. The code is readed by system, and sticker is putted on specific box.

In this case. We won't see any redesign on MBP. But we will se a High DPI display as an option. Possibly in every MBP.
koyoot is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:38 PM   #511
soundguyami
macrumors member

Totally Fake

They did a good job...except...the resolution listed is from a few years ago. The current MBP 13 inch is a higher resolution than that listed on this. Good try though.
soundguyami is offline   -6 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:38 PM   #512
ZballZ
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post
Even under Steve most of the hardware updates were spec bumps worth little fan fare. And it was common for them to not include the latest and greatest tech until it was a good year old, unless it was tech they helped build. So if this is real it's classic Apple, Steve Jobs style.
I agree, but also a complete redesign is standard every 3-4 years. It is fair to assume that the macbook pro lineup will get a redesign soon...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:38 PM   #513
Eadfrith
macrumors 6502

It's such a lacklustre refresh, it makes it more likely to be real.
Eadfrith is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:38 PM   #514
MJedi
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSLRA View Post
And where is the barcode on your box? BTW the photo of label new macbook pro 13 looks like cut from the paper (look at the left side of the photo)...
There is no barcode on this label. Looking at our other MBP boxes, since we all get the fully-upgraded models, the labels don't have barcodes either. it would seem these are stickers that are applied to these models. However, on the Mac Pro labels, the barcode is present.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:39 PM   #515
ValSalva
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleGuesser View Post
You're right, my MBP 2011 box says OS X on it, and i bought it a month after the release of lion. Could be fake, but if its a fake, its pretty darn close in my opinion to what Apple should be doing with the 13 inch MBP.
When Mountain Lion was announced Apple started referring to "Mac OS X" as only "OS X". This was after the 2011 Mac packaging was designed.

It's now 2012 and I don't think Apple would leave the phrase "Mac OS X" on its new packaging after making sort of big ripples by dropping the word "Mac" from OS X. That's why I think this is fake.
ValSalva is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:39 PM   #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundguyami View Post
They did a good job...except...the resolution listed is from a few years ago. The current MBP 13 inch is a higher resolution than that listed on this. Good try though.
Of course it doesn't - did you even bother to check Apple's page on the MBP 13?
50548 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:40 PM   #517
AppleGuesser
macrumors regular

Quote:
Thank you! Finally, people with some understanding. Its as if one "rumored" leak of one of many laptops from Apple and the whole Apple ship is sinking. Give me a break, for the people using the "this wouldnt happen if steve were still around," thats a cover for your lack of Apple knowledge and understanding. No shots intended, but get your head out of the clouds.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:41 PM   #518
Exio
macrumors regular

This is fake, an almost exact copy of this image came out last year as a supposed "leak." History just repeats itself...

Article of the 2011 "Spec Leak":
http://obamapacman.com/2011/02/leake...-pro-13-specs/
Exio is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:41 PM   #519
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablashek View Post
I guess WWDC will be focusing more on Snow Lion than actual Hardware enhancements.
WWDC is a software conference. So yeah. They will focus on software not hardware.
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:44 PM   #520
HurtinMinorKey
macrumors regular

Here is a new leak, just came out

HurtinMinorKey is offline   21 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:44 PM   #521
MJedi
macrumors 6502

To all those saying the resolution of the leaked label is from years ago, check the Apple site for the specs of the CURRENT 13-inch MacBook Pro:

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs-compare.html

Display
13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
1280 by 800 pixels
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:45 PM   #522
subsonix
macrumors 68030

Quote:
WWDC is a software conference. So yeah. They will focus on software not hardware.
It has been pretty common with hardware updates at the WWDC keynote, typical even.
subsonix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:45 PM   #523
AppleGuesser
macrumors regular

Quote:
Exactly right! The WWDC stands for Worldwide "DEVELOPERS" Conference. Aka, software, just saying to the guy thats disappointed about a lack of "hardware enhancements" being announced Thats rich
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:45 PM   #524
ajcadoo
macrumors regular

Quote:
WWDC has ALWAYS seen new hardware, with the exception being WWDC 2011, when it was software only.

Why people say it is a software only conference baffles me.
ajcadoo is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:46 PM   #525
saud0488
Banned

Quote:
My thoughts exactly.

Yes cause I'm sure he controlled the advancement of technology all by himself. Not to mention all of the engineering and R&D hours that go into every single part of each device.

It's people like this guy that have unrealistic expectations based upon leaks and are then disappointed when the unconfirmed information that came out in these leaks doesn't come to fruition.
saud0488 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro