Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ios_6_icon-150x141.jpg

A post [Google translation] from the staff of Chinese forum WeiPhone.com claims to share a host of official Apple download links for tomorrow's software releases. While the links are not currently active, they include iOS 6 beta build 10A5316k for a variety of devices, as well as a developer preview of Safari 6 for OS X Lion.

The accuracy of the claim can not be confirmed given that the links are not yet pointing to the files, but clicking on the links does take users to an error page stating "Your session has expired." Altering the URLs to reference a different build number or making other changes yields an "Access denied" error message, suggesting that there is indeed something unique about the leaked URLs.

adc_session_expired.jpg

A similar list of links addressing last year's downloads also leaked out just as Apple's WWDC 2011 keynote was getting underway.

Assuming that the list is accurate and complete as far as iOS 6 beta is concerned, it appears that Apple will not be including support for the original iPad in its next-generation operating system. In addition, Apple appears to be dropping support for the third-generation iPod touch.

The full list of links includes:

Third-generation iPad
- Consumer: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM), WiFi + Cellular (CDMA)
- Enterprise: Wi-Fi, WiFi + Cellular (GSM), WiFi + Cellular (CDMA)

iPad 2
- Consumer: Wi-Fi, WiFi + 3G (GSM), WiFi + 3G (CDMA), Revised Wi-Fi
- Enterprise: Wi-Fi, WiFi + 3G (GSM), WiFi + 3G (CDMA), Revised Wi-Fi

iPhone
- Consumer: 4S, 4 (GSM), 4 (CDMA), 3GS
- Enterprise: 4S, 4 (GSM), 4 (CDMA), 3GS

iPod touch
- Consumer: 4th Generation
- Enterprise: 4th Generation

Apple TV
- Consumer: 2nd Generation, 3rd Generation

Other iOS
- iOS 6 Beta Guide (PDF)
- Installing Apple TV Software (PDF)

Safari 6
- Consumer: Safari 6 Developer Preview for Lion, Uninstaller

It is unclear whether the leaked list is intended to cover all of Apple's software releases for tomorrow, but we would also expect a new build of OS X Mountain Lion to appear as Apple moves closer to a public release.

(Thanks to @xystudioo on sina weibo!)

Article Link: Apple Releasing iOS 6 Beta Build 10A5316k and Safari 6 Developer Preview at WWDC?

bristleworm

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2008
Germany
Can anybody tell me what's the difference between consumer and enterprise in this case?
And also, if this is legit: cool that the 3GS is still supported!

labaom

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2009
I don't quite understand why the iPad 1 will not be supported. It is just as powerful as the iPhone 4.

GoGa

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2012
So it looks like the 3GS will be getting iOS 6! Wasn't expecting that.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Interesting to see the 3GS still there! Of course no guarantee it'll still get a final release but good to see its at least made it this far!

There actually isn't that much of a difference between the 3GS, 4, and 4S. The 3GS is still a very powerful phone. Graphics is where the SoCs have improved.

But it is surprising that there isn't an original iPad in that list. Maybe it just wasn't found.

May 24, 2011
Strange that the 3GS is still here, perhaps they'll drop it mid-beta, as I would have thought they'd drop all the older devices (iPod Touch 3G, iPad 1).

I would have thought come the new iPhone, they'd only want 3 out, not 4.

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
It looks like my iPod touch 3G is finally too old to get updates. I don't get it when the 3GS has a slower CPU and the rest of the specs are the same.

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
It is probably not being included because you can no longer buy the iPad 1 in stores. Everything else you can buy in stores, including the 3GS.
I'd like to see as many devices supported as possible, but it does make sense to do it this way.

I don't quite understand why the iPad 1 will not be supported. It is just as powerful as the iPhone 4.

May 24, 2011
I wonder if a new version of iTunes will be seeded, as aren't they're usually beta builds to support the new iOS and also possibly new features?

I'm thinking iTunes 10.7, but really hoping for 11.

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
The 2013 iPad should be capable of running at least iOs 7 then? Hmmm..

Looks like my iPad won't support iOs 6. Is there no way to put it on yourself?

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
It looks like my iPod touch 3G is finally too old to get updates. I don't get it when the 3GS has a slower CPU and the rest of the specs are the same.

Pretty sure you're wrong. The 3GS has a 833 MHz underclocked to 600 MHz. The iPod touch 3G has the same processor.

Thomasasz

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2010
Talk about reducing secrecy! We still do not have a clue what is coming with this update except new Maps app :eek:

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
I am fairly certain that the first Gen iPad is going to be supported. I mean why wouldn't it? Just missing certain new features etc. It has almost the same specs under the hood as the iPhone 4 and thats still supported, and if a 3GS is supported :L thats like a four year old phone now

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
I am fairly certain that the first Gen iPad is going to be supported. I mean why wouldn't it? It has almost the same specs under the hood as the iPhone 4 and thats still supported, and if a 3GS is supported :L thats like a four year old phone now
I'd like the iPad 1 to be supported. It's still a nice device and I do like the meat to the aluminium xD.

blackcrayon

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2003

It only has 1/2 the RAM as the iPhone 4, but it needs more RAM to run (slightly higher res screen, more sophisticated apps).

The consumer vs enterprise build is exciting... Perhaps the enterprise build will not allow users to remove the management profiles which renders the device unmanageable. Even better would be if they could be automatically replaced even if the device is wiped :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.