Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While Apple announced at yesterday's introduction of the MacBook Pro with Retina display that the new models were shipping immediately, those who failed to move quickly to place their orders have seen shipping estimates quickly lengthen. Early estimates came in at 5-7 business days yesterday before moving to 7-10 business days and finally settling late yesterday at 2-3 weeks.

retina_macbook_pro_2_3_weeks.jpg

The same 2-3 week estimate appears to apply to all configurations and customizations on the new Retina MacBook Pro, and the company is not yet offering in-store pickup options on the new machines. Limited stock is making its way to Apple's retail stores, but those looking to customize their orders or guarantee availability with online ordering for pickup are currently left out.

Apple's new non-Retina MacBook Pro and MacBook air models remain in stock for immediate shipment through the Apple online store, with customizations pushing those models out to 1-3 or 3-5 business days depending on the options chosen.

Article Link: Shipping Estimates on New Retina MacBook Pro Slip to 2-3 Weeks

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Yeah I noticed that on my order earlier this morning too. Not very happy about it, but I suppose that's what I get for waiting until later in the afternoon?

Related: we just began collecting USB 3.0 accessories in this thread over here. Everyone jump aboard!

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1384806/

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
Eh, I don't mind so much since I don't have the money for one yet anyway.

GS17

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2009
After many complains in the threads yesterday about price and ports and other stuff, this just proves that people will buy anything Apple branded in a heartbeat!

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
After many complains in the threads yesterday about price and ports and other stuff, this just proves that people will buy anything Apple branded in a heartbeat!

Well, aside from the fact that it's the best laptop they've ever made.

But hey, you're right. It's the Apple logo that does it for people.

Ulf1103

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
I still hate the fact that their's no 17" version anymore...
a 17" retina would been very nice..

Last edited:

KDNYC

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2010
Not a surprise. People grumble but they want the "hot" new thing, and anything else is just a nicer Macbook Pro :)

The Apple Store wasn't even available yesterday for much of the day, so I guess as soon as it went "live" the available stock flew away.

AMG63

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
I plan to buy the retina MBP. Is it still compatible with the 27" Thunderbolt displays?

sonicboom

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2006
It's called generating demand

If you guys think the laptops are going to fly off the "shelves" like iPhones/iPads, you're crazy.

Wait a few weeks, the supply chain will be established and laptop buying habits will be same as its ever been.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009

It couldn't be because it's an excellent product and may fit a certain
clientel?

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
My order shows this and I ordered around 5pm yesterday?

15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
Ships: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers Jun 29 - Jul 6 via 2-3 Business Days

Is it strange that I haven't even received the normal confirmation email that they said would be sent once I completed my order? At any rate it seems like I might get my MacBook Pro R-Type as soon as the fifth anniversary of my first iPhone.

paulsquyres

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2007
Getting my MBPro Retna Early

Ordered a MB Pro Retna with 16gb, 512gb, 2.7Ghz. Apple originally said would ship in 5-7 days. Just got email from Apple about tracking info and it is being shipped from China and will be delivered this Thursday, June 14 at or before 10:30AM !!!

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area

No, proves that this is a great product. And the pricing is fine - an old style mbp with the same ram and ssd costs more than the new one - and you don't even get the 1 gb video card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.