Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dweez

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2011
Down by the river
Wallet, front left pocket. Change in front right pocket. Phone in jacket pocket/on car seat/in hand. Everything else (MBP, ipad, cables, usb drives, etc) is in a backpack which I only use when traveling.

japjoe7

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2011
Macbook Air 13"
Ipad
Iphone
Olympus Pen E-PL1 Camera
Moleskine + Lamy fountain pen
Midori Travelers leather note book (my wallet)
Leatherman MUT (multitools)
Surefire A2 LED
A book for reading.
All in the 5.11 Rush Messenger bag..
url]

Awesome! Found my next messenger bag and Leatherman!

katt

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2012
right now in HK
phones, wallet, keys, handkerchief, cosmetic kit, sweets (candies or chocolates) or mints, hand sanitizer and hair tie - all in my handbag :)

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
Will post a pic fairly soon. I carry my wallet, car/house keys, Samsung Behold, and occasionally my iPod Classic. I would carry a tad bit more but I don't have anything to carry it all in. I have been considering a messenger bag as of late, however.

EDIT: Finally got to it. Sorry for bad quality..used me iPod Touch. =P

What I carry with me :) by Destroysall, on Flickr

Last edited:

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
DSCF0771.jpg

Pack of cigarettes
Rechargable coil lighter (love this thing)
Matte Black/Red Zippo Lighter
Element Wallet
6th Gen iPod nano (screen's dead after water damage, but still plays audio just fine)
Ultimate Ears Superfi 4
Car/Housekeys with Gerber Curve multitool
Glasses

Phone and wallet in my jeans pockets, everything else in my Jacket

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
wallet, keys, cheap flip phone. nothing exciting.

Id love to use a backpack but im so afraid id leave it somewhere and someone would just pick it up and be like nice free laptop and stuff.

CoachStall

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Indy
8c47949e.jpg

5.11 Parking pass key card holder
Strong Genuine Leather Wallet
iPhone 4S in Griffin Survivor Case
Fobus single mag pouch (TERRIBLE!)
Sipik Flood/Throw LED
Swiss Army
Sharpie Fine-Ultra Fine
Hanky
Chap Stick
Keys
Comp-Tac Minotuar
Taurus 24/7 9mm with Fiocchi 124 grs XTPHP

ADMProducer

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2010
Why do so many people carry knives in the US?

It's bad enough here concealing knives but you guys openly carry knives. I mean, wow. Do you not ever feel unsafe in the knowledge that one of those guys with a knife is an *******, looking to cause trouble?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
This only happens on rare occasions BUT.

1) MBA 13"

2) MBP 17"

3) IPad 3

4) BT keyboard

5) 2X MM's

And the two MagSafe power adapters

All fit into a Targus XL City Messenger bag.

But believe me, it's not something you'd want to do every day:D

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States

It's bad enough here concealing knives but you guys openly carry knives. I mean, wow. Do you not ever feel unsafe in the knowledge that one of those guys with a knife is an *******, looking to cause trouble?

Well, it has been enforced that everyone, practically no matter where, has the right to bear arms. Knives and guns included. Second Amendment.

I do share your concerns, however.

SuperJudge

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2008
The Triangle, NC

Not really. Most people in states with concealed carry laws (for handguns) aren't stupid enough to cause trouble with a knife. :p

In all seriousness, it's part of the culture where I live in North Carolina (and probably the Southern US in general). Most folks carry a pocket knife because once you start doing it, it's really hard to stop. You don't realize how useful a tool a knife is until you don't have one handy.

Also, bear in mind the average pocket knife would make a terrible weapon with a blade less than 3" in length and serrations on the blade near the ricasso.

jalagl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2003
Costa Rica
...Most folks carry a pocket knife because once you start doing it, it's really hard to stop. You don't realize how useful a tool a knife is until you don't have one handy.

THIS ... I carry a knife most of the time, but I would NEVER use it against another human being. I, however, use it almost every day for something. It is a tool, not a weapon. Most of the time I carry a Swiss Army pocket knife, sometimes a SOG knife.

As to what I carry, in addition to the knife mentioned above:

Front pocket wallet
Car/House keys
Fenix E01 flashlight
iPhone 4S
Hanky

TheGdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
North Carolina, USA

If someone is planning on hurting someone with a gun or knife they could care less about the law. Making a law that bans people from carrying them does not do a darn thing. A criminal does not say,

"I was going to commit a crime, but realized its illegal for me to carry a knife/gun so I guess I can't"

I makes no difference. More so with the gun thing, but anyone can hide a knife.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
In all seriousness, it's part of the culture where I live in North Carolina (and probably the Southern US in general). Most folks carry a pocket knife because once you start doing it, it's really hard to stop. You don't realize how useful a tool a knife is until you don't have one handy.

Good way of putting it (also in NC here)... and just about every person I know that lives here has a knife. I know a guy who was a senior in High School last year that brought a knife to school one day but didn't know it. He thought the right thing to do was to take it to the office, but didn't realize that he would be expelled for it :/

----------

On a day when I'm at home, I carry my phone, iPod (sometimes earbuds), my wallet, keys, and my MacBook :p

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012

Just out of curiosity where do you live?

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
33c7507c.jpg

I put my iPad in a generic zip-up case which I then slip into a netbook bag that also holds my accessories along with a pen. My iPod touch is stashed in a belt-clip case. Yes, as weird as it may seem these days I don't have a cell phone.

Last edited:

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space

Like others have said, it's a regional cultural thing. I live in the Pacific NorthWest and pocket knives are everywhere. At my wedding, someone asked if anyone had a knife to open something and every man in the room pulled one out. It's a tool more than a weapon.

I have a hunting knife in the kitchen drawer for kitchen stuff, several lock backs in my tool kit for building stuff and an emergency knife in my truck in case I ever have to cut myself out of a wreck. I have lost count of my camping knives.

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.