Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agarza1911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
For some reason, adobe.com won't load on my Mac. I'm updated on software, I've restarted safari, I've cleared cache, I've pinged the site with no problems, I've tried in safe mode...no luck. Every site on the world wide web works...except adobe. I've talked to apple and they can't figure it out. In fact, after several failed attempts, today the apple rep said,"are you there? I can't hear you...let me call you back.". Never called back. Can someone shed light on this problem for me?
Thanks!

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Do you have pirated Adobe software on your system? Did you (or someone else) run a script that alters your hosts file when it was installed?

Open your /etc/hosts file in TextEdit to check.

Agarza1911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2012
If you haven't already done so, try changing your DNS servers on your Mac and your router to OpenDNS servers. This will show you how: Why am I being redirected to other sites?

didn't work...thanks though.

----------

Do you have pirated Adobe software on your system? Did you (or someone else) run a script that alters your hosts file when it was installed?

No, I don't have pirated adobe software. I have Lightroom 3 and an adobe suite 5.5.

Agarza1911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2012

Yes! corrupted host file!! Trashed it and it works!! Nice...thank you!

aaronrayban

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2013
Me too, but how to fix?

I'm having the exact same issue after installing Xto7 and some adobe trial apps like premiere cs6. Now, adobe.com won't load. I got the same thing, but how do you open up and find out what the issue is in text/edit?

IPadNParadise

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
If you haven't already done so, try changing your DNS servers on your Mac and your router to OpenDNS servers. This will show you how: Why am I being redirected to other sites?

As a complete newbie, I am curious about the “Redirected to Other Sites" info in this link. I had this problem (being redirected) on my new MBP about a week ago and talked to Apple Support phone line about it. They had me add all 4 numbers to my System Preferences/Network/DNS tab. Referenced on the link attached says choose either open DNS or google DNS, not both. I have had no problems with both those sets of numbers while using my MBP since. Just curious and as education, why it says not to use both sets of DNS numbers?

nilya

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2013
could you help me?

i'm having the same problem except i did have pirated software. I uninstalled then remembered that the person who installed it made it to where adobe.com is blocked. I would like to fix this but i don't know how.
Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.