Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eiprol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
Spain
Hi everyone.

I have a MBP early 2011 with AMD RADEON HD 6750 1GB, and I've been noticing a problem for a few months. I think it's some kind of GPU problem when rendering the screen (it occurs when changing spaces or moving a window), but I'm not sure if its normal or I should ask for a replacement; since it doesn't seems to affect the performance, but it's very annoying when working with Photoshop etc.

It's like the image gets frozen and doesn't render smoothly if I'm moving it... And it seems to occur in "horizontal stripes"; I mean, there are some horizontal areas where always happens, and others where it doesn't.

I've recorded two videos, since I don't know how to explain what happens!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1209521/PantallaMBP_video1.mov
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1209521/PantallaMBP_video2.mov

Any idea?

Thanks!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't think the videos were all that helpful. I think taking a picture of what you're describing would be better.

If you're seeing issues on the screen, then its quite possible the GPU is failing. Take it into apple for them to run some tests.

eiprol

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
Spain
I don't think the videos were all that helpful. I think taking a picture of what you're describing would be better.

If you're seeing issues on the screen, then its quite possible the GPU is failing. Take it into apple for them to run some tests.

I cant take a picture since it just occurs with a duration of half a secod; The problem only comes when I make an action that requieres some kind of animation (like displacement between desktops, minimizing an app, moving a window...) and it occurs only while the transition is occuring... Then everything goes normal

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
When in doubt, just take it to apple. The bottom line is, if something is wrong they'll have to repair/replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.