Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
If this is right, Apple is still sticking with the antenna around the phone design started with the 4...Apple (and Steve in particular) loved giving all those folks, who said it was a bad design, the finger and it looks like Apple will continue with that design (and the finger, although that dog has been put to rest a long time ago).

Sorry but the iPhone 4S, with it's redesigned antenna band, only proved that the iPhone 4's antenna band was a bad design.

medazinol

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Los Angeles
Increasing activity surrounding the next-generation iPhone comes as KitGuru posts a number of photos of what it claims is the actual device. But while the overall form factor is consistent with previously-leaked photos and details, a number of aspects of the photos including a very rough appearance and a lack of a visible LCD display or opening for one in the front panel suggest that the item is simply a physical mockup based on circulating information.

Yeah right and I have a bridge in Manhattan for sale...

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Just 1100? Thats a steal :p

Last year I managed to sell a 4S to someone in Cyprus for 1500$ Although shipping cost 100$ it was still a good sell :)

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
I would really like to see an entirely new design, i.e. not this. I'm sure if this is it, they'll claim they'd found the perfect shape for your hand with the 4 and 4S and this is only improving upon it. It kind of makes me feel like I'm buying he same thing again.

colinrichardson

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2011
More like recycled rusty old baked bean cans :eek:

Looks like an abs 3d print that's been poorly finished. out of a machine like this:

http://www.dimensionprinting.com/3d-printers/3d-printing-faq.aspx

they have less-than perfect, but pretty good dimensional stability, resolve detail similarly, and leave a grain structure. could also be a plaster print that was worked a bit more and then spray painted.

it makes sense that this would be a mockup for creative design, but not for fabrication design.

Jack Delgado

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
Interesting that the front-facing camera isn't even centered above the speaker like it is in previous leaks.

L-U-R-C-H

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa
Not gonna lie, I prefer the overall shape of the Galaxy S3 over the shape of the iPhone 4/4s. As far as build quality, I'm sure the iPhone blows it out of the water. But I do like the curves that the Galaxy S3 has...

DSC_2879-001-648x434.jpg

WiiDSmoker

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas, TX
It'll be interesting to see how this turns out - this little block of plastic looks like a slightly stretched 4s.

If this is right, Apple is still sticking with the antenna around the phone design started with the 4...Apple (and Steve in particular) loved giving all those folks, who said it was a bad design, the finger and it looks like Apple will continue with that design (and the finger, although that dog has been put to rest a long time ago).

The iPhone 4 did have a flaw it in...which they fixed with the 4S.

Did you forget about all this?

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
fake! apple would never release an iphone with seams!!!

im not buying it!!!!!!!!!" WAHHH****** apple fanboy

launch day - "this phone is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!" - apple fanboy

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
This can't be it, if this is it Apple is running out of mojo already. No there has to be more to the next gen phone.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
You know, the screen rotates when you turn the device upside down :D

No, that's the iPad.

And even if you could that would be pointless since the home button would be almost inaccessible one-handed. Not to mention the awkward moments where you would answer your phone with your ear next to the home button.

chumpy34

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
I would really like to see an entirely new design, i.e. not this. I'm sure if this is it, they'll claim they'd found the perfect shape for your hand with the 4 and 4S and this is only improving upon it. It kind of makes me feel like I'm buying he same thing again.

I have to agree with you. When you buy a new product, whether it's a pair of running shoes, a car or a new phone, you want it to be different, with a new look, new features but mostly, just something that doesn't resemble what you have now. If the new iPhone becomes what all of these mock-ups have been pointing to, it will be interesting to see the reaction. If you are loyal to Apple, then I guess you will buy the new phone, but will some go to Android or elsewhere?

It just feels like the time for Apple to bring out something "new" in functionality and design.

Eriamjh1138@DAN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2007
BFE, MI

So you only care how a phone looks, not what it does?

You'll only feel that way until you use it.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
If iPhone 5 isn't radically different, Apple will fall further behind in the mobile market.

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
Maybe its just me, but I just have a gut feeling for some reason that the next gen iPhone wont be unveiled until sometime early 2013. Heaven knows why I think it, its just my instinct although I'm possibly wrong. I know we have until October to find out, but meh.

dacapo

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2010
You know, the screen rotates when you turn the device upside down :D

Not by default, unless the developer explicitly programs it that way. The default for the iPhone/iPod touch interface is to support portrait mode only.

BTW, the Music (iPod) app does not rotate upside down either.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
I have to agree with you. When you buy a new product, whether it's a pair of running shoes, a car or a new phone, you want it to be different, with a new look, new features but mostly, just something that doesn't resemble what you have now. If the new iPhone becomes what all of these mock-ups have been pointing to, it will be interesting to see the reaction. If you are loyal to Apple, then I guess you will buy the new phone, but will some go to Android or elsewhere?

It just feels like the time for Apple to bring out something "new" in functionality and design.

what "mockups" ?....... the actual physical phone leaked and was shown off in a video. Apple is not gonna pull some completely different design out of nowhere. we all have seen what the phone looks like.

Apple is in a position where they don't need to make a radically different phone every time. The iPhone 4 still looks amazing and this next-gen is also looking great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.