Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
I have an iPhone 4S and was considering buying the next iPhone that comes out but it seems a little disappointing based on the rumors. I had an Droid Incredible before the 4S so I'm familiar with Android phones. I also plan on sticking with Verizon. So with that being said,

what is the best Android phone that will be out on the market in mid-September? I'm looking for something with great battery life.

Thanks!

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Probably the Galaxy S3or the Galaxy Nexus. Both are on Verizon and both will be getting 4.1 Jelly Bean. I've read the Galaxy Nexus doesn't have the best battery though.

I also might suggest waiting for the next iPhone because it may turn out that you like it.

----------

Watch out for the note 2. Could release next month.

Not necessarily on Verizon though.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Probably the Galaxy S3or the Galaxy Nexus. Both are on Verizon and both will be getting 4.1 Jelly Bean. I've read the Galaxy Nexus doesn't have the best battery though.

I also might suggest waiting for the next iPhone because it may turn out that you like it.

----------

Not necessarily on Verizon though.

The SP's you suggested are out. OP wants an upcoming phone. Good point on the note, must have skipped over that.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
The SP's you suggested are out. OP wants an upcoming phone. Good point on the note, must have skipped over that.

Nothing has really been rumored to be coming out in September besides the iPhone. The Note 2 will likely be for AT&T. Even if something new does come out in September, the iPhone, S3, and Gnex will likely be the best phones available on Verizon.

Jb07

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2011
Dallas
The Galaxy S3, hands down. I would say the Note 2 but I have no clue whether it will be on Verizon. (I'm hoping! I want it!)
There are no new upcoming phones that I know of that will be better than the GS3, other than the new Nexus (October.)

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I didnt want to start another thread but i want to know if anyone has used/owned a Nokia Lumia 710 or a HTC Radar?
I know both are on T-Mobile so responses may be slim but i want to maybe get a Windows phone to mess with from eBay and eventually give it to the Wife and i think both are nice but the Lumia has a small 1300 mAH battery and think it wont be good. The HTC is 1520.

Anybody got some experience with either?

----------

Nothing has really been rumored to be coming out in September besides the iPhone. The Note 2 will likely be for AT&T. Even if something new does come out in September, the iPhone, S3, and Gnex will likely be the best phones available on Verizon.

Actually T-Mobile has a HTC One X+ rumored to be coming out in Sept. Its a reved up version of the HTC X on AT&T and has a Tegra 3, 1.7 Ghz quad core.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x_with_a_17ghz_tegra_3_might_be_headed_to_tmobile_usa-news-4564.php

Last edited:

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
I am very much on the same boat, waiting for Apple to unveil the new iPhone before picking up a Galaxy S3. It is really the best phone in the market right now imo.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
The new Nexus should pop up on its slightly less then one year cycle around that time. No idea what it's going to offer besides a new version of Android.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.