Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

samsungstore.jpg

On his show tonight, comedian Conan O'Brien poked fun at Samsung's claims that it didn't copy Apple's iPhone and iPad. Conan ran a parody video, purportedly made by Samsung, featuring a fictitious Samsung spokesperson emulating British designer Jony Ive and inviting customers to visit a Samsung retail store to visit a Samsung Smart Guy.

Article Link: Conan O'Brien on Samsung vs. Apple

commander.data

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2006
I'm guessing tomorrow Judge Koh will have to grill each juror on whether they watch Conan like she had to do about Samsung's evidence exclusion articles that turned up in the press.

dkersten

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2010
Whoa there. Someone's a Leno fan.

More a Stephan Cobert fan. Was never a fan of Leno, Conan, or Letterman really. I thought the last part of that video was funny but I've never really liked all of Conan's antics.

Oh well, to each his own

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
More a Stephan Cobert fan. Was never a fan of Leno, Conan, or Letterman really. I thought the last part of that video was funny but I've never really liked all of Conan's antics.

Oh well, to each his own

You like him so much you can't spell his name. :eek:

kevinkt

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
Hawaii

Oh well, to each his own

you must like watching paint dry huh??

foobarbaz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2007
He he, clever, re-using their mocked Apple PR video style for this.

I particularly liked "Think slightly different".

Boghog

macrumors member
May 7, 2007
I loved the last bit with the white background and how his voice changed to mimic that slightly messianic, slightly camp Jony Ive style.:D

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
He just did a vid of what everyone's thinking. How Samsung have a chance of winning this case is beyond me.

dixido

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
At first I thought it was a real Samsung store clerk on that picture, until I saw the video. It would not have surprised me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.