Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Steve Jobs' home had been burglarized last month, with a thief entering the under-renovation house and taking over $60,000 worth of property including several iMacs and iPads, Tiffany jewelry, and Steve Jobs' wallet with $1 in it.

kenny_the_clown.jpg

Kenny the Clown (Source: Jeff Vendsel/Marin Independent Journal)
The San Jose Mercury News now reports that one of those stolen iPads ended up in the hands of "Kenny the Clown", a local clown who performs shows for kids and tourists in the Bay Area. Kenny was given the iPad by his friend Kariem McFarlin, the thief who has admitted to his crime.
Kenny the Clown, who had the late Apple co-founder's tablet all to himself for a few days this month, didn't play any games, surf the net or check for any top-secret corporate documents.

Instead, he loaded iTunes to play the "Pink Panther" theme song and Michael Jackson, using the magical device to entertain Bay Area kids and tourists during his clown routine.

He had no idea the device came from the fabled Jobs residence until after the friend who gave him the gadget was charged with breaking into the CEO's Palo Alto home. By then, the cops had already shown up at his door and taken it away.
Kenny, who says he didn't notice anything special about the iPad and simply thought McFarlin was handing down an old one to him, portrays his friend as a "nice guy who made a horrible, horrible decision".

Article Link: Steve Jobs' Stolen iPad Ended Up in Hands of Local Clown

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
UK
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Steve Jobs' home had been burglarized last month, with a thief entering the under-renovation house and taking over $60,000 worth of property including several iMacs and iPads, Tiffany jewelry, and Steve Jobs' wallet with $1 in it.

Kenny the Clown (Source: Jeff Vendsel/Marin Independent Journal)
The San Jose Mercury News now reports that one of those stolen iPads ended up in the hands of "Kenny the Clown", a local clown who performs shows for kids and tourists in the Bay Area. Kenny was given the iPad by his friend Kariem McFarlin, the thief who has admitted to his crime.Kenny, who says he didn't notice anything special about the iPad and simply thought McFarlin was handing down an old one to him, portrays his friend as a "nice guy who made a horrible, horrible decision".

Article Link: Steve Jobs' Stolen iPad Ended Up in Hands of Local Clown

He can't be held responsible for not looking through it for stuff, he thought it was just a free iPad!

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
"& Steve Jobs' wallet with $1 in it"

I'm sorry but that bit just sounds a bit too far fetched LOL. I guess cos his annual salary was $1?

Who knows whats in Steve's residence. There could have been prototype Macs or some devices specifically built for him. I know Sony use to do that for their CEO. Didn't the Walkman start out like that at first? Although since his passing its more than likely they'd have been removed

pianophile

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2002
Midwest
Steve Jobs' wallet with $1 in it.

So perfect. I am now imagining Steve never carried cash, except for this $1 bill, a representation of his Apple annual salary.

(Or maybe something to get quarters for the parking meter, in a pinch.)

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
Oh the irony in this! The two Steves and Jobs [then]girlfriend were clowns for awhile in their young days entertaining kids. Jobs hated doing that clown deal, too.

DocStone

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
Republic of Texas
So perfect. I am now imagining Steve never carried cash, except for this $1 bill, a representation of his Apple annual salary.

Remember that Steve never had a license plate on his Benz? He also parked in handicap spots without a tag on his car. Knowing that, I imagine he didn't give 2 cents about parking meters either. He was a funny guy.

cgk.emu

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
The comments on this thread are crappier than usual. Wow. Did the bright colors on the clown picture bring out the special ones? (Yeah I bet someone is going to comment with "you commented!". Uh, sure go ahead and post that. That's about as imaginative as a "your mom" joke).

phillipduran

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008

Psssh. Steve doesn't pay parking meters. :rolleyes:

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2012
Next, Eric Schmidt's Android tablet winds up in the hands of a male stripper.

If he even owns one, that is. (Who'd want an Android tablet?)

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
there's something i've always hated about clowns.

They’re not like you and me. The hair, the nose... I don’t think they’re even human. I don’t hate them, I just fear and respect them the way an unknown threat should always be feared and respected. Like ball lightning and giant squids. Little-understood but all too real—and maybe, just maybe, lethal. The best defense is never to sleep, as both clowns and ball lightning can pass through keyholes. (The only thing clowns have in common with giant squids is the razor-sharp beak, which you rarely get to see. Believe me, you don’t want to.)

aristotle

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Canada
To heck with the dollar bill.

I want to hear about what kind of black credit cards the wallet contained :)
Black credit cards are so overrated. The annual fees are ridiculous and the benefits that you get are not worth the extra money. In fact, the Amex Black Card (Centurion) is not worth it because the majority of "benefits" can be had with the Platinum charge card for a lower annual fee.

Technically, any Amex charge card has an "unlimited" spending limit as long as you pay the balance within 30 days and have credit in good standing.

I have black "Unlimited" visa with a set limit for carrying charges over 30 days but you can charge as much as you like if you pay any amount over the limit within 30 days.

Many "benefits" are redundant if you have the money to pay off large purchases within 30 days.

For example, some of these cards offer priority checkin at the airport but that is what you get automatically when you purchase a first class or business class ticket so it would only benefit you if you travelled "economy" or wanted to try to buy an "upgrade" on your economy ticket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.