Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Repair firm SmartPhone Medic has just posted a new video comparing several parts from the next-generation iPhone to their counterparts from the iPhone 4S.

smartphone_medic_iphone_2012_front_panel_flex.jpg

The parts shown include the front panel and flex cables for the external controls and dock connector/headphone jack, and while all of these parts have been seen previously, the video offers another good look at what changes can be expected for the next-generation iPhone.

A number of parts for the next-generation iPhone have leaked in recent weeks and months, although observers are still waiting for a good look at the most crucial part of the device: the logic board. After photos showing the part with shielding in place surfaced last week, fresh photos showing the shielding removed appeared earlier today. Unfortunately, the blurry nature of the photos and the incomplete state of assembly on the part still leave questions about the core components powering the device.

Article Link: Video Comparison of 'iPhone 5' Front Panel and Flex Cables to iPhone 4S Parts

Fiercy

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
I think it looks kinda ugly being so long... but maybe it will look better once fully assembled.

Sardonick007

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
Not sure

As anxiously as I am waiting for the new iPhone, I'm just not sure about that new size. I mean, 4.3, 4.5, sure, but 4 high with no width change. I now Apple will make it likely awesome but it's going to be something I'll have to see and feel instead of pre-order blind. Still hasn't taken away my anticipation for it.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
iPhone 5?

*facepalm*

Agreed. It’s the iPhone 9!

It is the 9th distinct hardware design; not just colors and GB but unique construction/parts for 8 prior models:

iPhone

iPhone 3G

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4

iPhone 4 CDMA with new antenna design and mute switch position

iPhone 4 white with redesigned camera ring

iPhone 4 white CDMA with redesigned camera ring AND new antenna design/mute switch

iPhone 4s

iPhone (again)

Uncle Ruckus

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2012
"You have only 2 pieces to collet until you've successfully made you own new gen iPhone before release"

Uncle Ruckus no relations

mofish

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2012
Scotland
The iPhone5 certainly does have a lot of leaks! I'm not sure what happened to the double down on security thing, but it seems that it’s not going too well. :rolleyes:

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Does anyone have iPhone 5 rumor fatigue yet? There is no suspense left for Sep 12th.

Most definetly.

Between all the rumors, pictures, video's & the like, there's nothing left to the imagination. Then to add in even more disappointment is that stupid one dimensional screen increase. Fine for those who rarely use landscape, and dreadful for those of us that do.

If you notice my other posts constantly complaining about it, the explanation's a simple one. I love my Apple products & my passion runs deep. Yes I also get great enjoyment from others like my SGS III, but darn it, I want that spacious screen on my iPhone :)

I _know_ that Apple follows MacRumors, so I will be very persistent in expressing my position.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Those old iPhones look freakishly short and squat.

Just wait.

Within days of the new iPhone launch, "taller" will be the new normal and people will wonder how they ever manged on a "short and squat" screen.

Hopefully the trolls will go away then after their audience is shrunk quite a bit and no one wants to hear it anymore.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
"these r all fake because tim cook said they would double security and steve jobs would have never allowed such an ugly iDevice to be called the iPhone 5"

just getting it out of the way ;)

cfedu

Suspended
Mar 8, 2009
Toronto
Agreed. It’s the iPhone 9!

It is the 9th distinct hardware design; not just colors and GB but unique construction/parts for 8 prior models:

iPhone

iPhone 3G

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4

iPhone 4 CDMA with new antenna design and mute switch position

iPhone 4 white with redesigned camera ring

iPhone 4 white CDMA with redesigned camera ring AND new antenna design/mute switch

iPhone 4s

iPhone (again)

I say iPhone 12, I think you missed a few. The 16 gb iPhone, 8 gb 3GS and the 8 gb iPhone 4 for!! The pain you caused me by calling it the iPhone 9 was intolerable that I had to report your post;)

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
That SGS III looked very nice next to that elongated screen of the new iPhone. Ugh, But I have tried android. I don't want to try again. Ugh, first world pains I know.

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
Considering all these links have the front panel I'm confused - I thought the display now included the LCD as an integrated part of the touchscreen? Is this separate to the front panel?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.