Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DAC47

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2007
Cardiff
Im sure the new girl will be fine...

But I think the key point is that they're splitting the new season again. We only get 6 episodes this year including the Xmas special.
so the second part probably won't be till this time next year. (maybe later!)

Say what you like about RTD/Gardner/Collinson they delivered 4 full seasons 4 years in a row.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
It will certainly sad to see the end of Karen Gillan (massive crush on her), but I always welcome new characters in the world of Doctor Who. Looking forward to Series 7.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
I'll certainly be sad to see the Ponds go after the upcoming series but I'm sure I'll come to love the new companion just as much, and Moffat's ensured us that the story between her and the Doctor will be even more of a mindf**k so bring it on I say! :D

cosmichobo

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
Doctor Who fans?

G'day,

Do you just love Doctor Who? New, or old?

Imagine if you couldn't watch it ever again... No DVD or BluRay... no copy on iTunes... no torrents or home recording devices...

Some of you may not know, but 106 episodes of Doctor Who from 1963 - 69 are missing from the BBC archives. During the 70's, it was decided to destroy their master copies (as well as other tv shows in their archives), as there was no foreseen further use for them.

Then in the late 70's... the home video market began, and the BBC did a big facepalm...

A team of fans/archivists began a worldwide search to recover the episodes that had been junked... searching for the 16mm copies that had been sent overseas to foreign broadcasters. These copies were either meant to be sent on to other countries down the chain, returned to the BBC, or destroyed once the broadcaster had used their licensed screenings.

But this didn't always happen... and these copies had a tendency to pop up at the most unexpected places... car boot sales... school fetes... church basements... uncle Jo's attic...

Today, 106 episodes are still missing.

The reason I am telling you all this, is that there are millions of Doctor Who fans around the world, but not everyone knows about these missing episodes. Indeed, most of the recent finds have come from people who didn't realise that what they had in their possession was not in the BBC's archives...

If you know anyone who collects film... Just ask them if they have any old Doctor Who... or if they MIGHT have some... Because the fact is, this is our best hope now of retrieving these lost episodes... and if we wait too long, then as these old film collectors pass on, their families will no doubt see no value in an old 16mm reel of film... and it will end up as landfill...

This is a list of the missing episodes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_missing_episodes#List_of_lost_episodes

Please give this some thought.

Cheers

cosmic

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Indeed, looking forward to seeing what the new season has in store - from the previews there is definitely loads of potential! Steven Moffat has been doing a great job so far IMO and I trust his level of quality will continue... :cool:

Moccasin

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2011
Newcastle, UK
Have been catching up on a few old episodes to get the juices flowing. Will be sad to see Amy go but the upcoming season does look great.

lighthouse_man

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2005
Indeed, which is why I'm thinking some timey-wimey stuff comes into play. Plus, I can't picture a Dalek plunger fumbling with a Tardis key somehow...

I can't claim I didn't get that feeling while watching the episode, that [spoilertext] she'll be his companion but I ditched that idea with the ending. I guess we'll see, maybe the Doctor is the reason she got stuck there in the first place. Of course her memory was mostly lost by the nanodalek tech and he doesn't need to regenerate for her not to recognise him and maybe it's going to be the center theme in a couple of seasons if at all.[/spoilertext]

dweezle3

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
Earth
So to sum up the last three or four posts - Moffat's insane and we have no idea what's gonna happen :D

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I have a theory.

The Doctor killed all the Daleks. That's Dr. Who History.

What if.

This new companion and what we saw was at the original time he killed them all ?

The new companion died when Doctor Who originally killed them all thus creating the timeline of the future ( past ) companions.

I bet we see the good Dr. meet this companion in the past.

A good hint was when Rory asked who killed the Daleks and the Doctor said with a wry smile " I did".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.