Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

khoolmann

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2009
What DAC are you using with your A5 ?
I am looking for one for my KRK monitor.

----------

Very nice and clean, where does this desk come from ?

The desk is from Ikea - I had to improvise as I wasn't really in the market for a new setup.

The desk is called the 'Galant'. I really dig the kidney shape as it lets me get nice and close to both monitors.

----------

I really like that desk! Where is the SoundSticks sub?

Desk is from Ikea - it's called the 'Galant'.

I keep the sub down under the windows. Have quite a bit of space around the sub makes it sound better IMO. Cleaner and not so boomy.

----------

Looks great, but don't you worry they will fall off the back of the desk?

Not really. No real reason to venture around the back much and everything's pretty secure.

batmangorden

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2012
Using the new panorama in iOS6.

I know, too much noise in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_1693.JPG
    IMG_1693.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 472

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I recently had to re-vamp my entire office after my huge office desk fell apart.

Here's my latest setup. I'm really enjoying the less 'formal' vibe and the light, bright clean lines (my previous setup was dark timber veneer and twice the size).

I love that glass desk, but they are such dust magnets....I'd need a bigger one anyway, but they sure look nice.:)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
It still looks super messy. No cable management or anything

:D Gave up on the cable;e management, my place has only 2 wall sockets..I guess that's all people needed back in the 70's. I have to use surge protected extensions and I have 4 of them. I have fixed them to the wall, but no cable management solution I have seen will accommodate them. At least they won't get tripped over..Super Messy:eek: You aint seen nothing yet...I'll post a picture after a session...Place looks like a bomb dropped on it then!

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
UK
:D Gave up on the cable;e management, my place has only 2 wall sockets..I guess that's all people needed back in the 70's. I have to use surge protected extensions and I have 4 of them. I have fixed them to the wall, but no cable management solution I have seen will accommodate them. At least they won't get tripped over..Super Messy:eek: You aint seen nothing yet...I'll post a picture after a session...Place looks like a bomb dropped on it then!

Oh it is possible and easy too. :D Just mount them strips to the table and then manage everything with some sticky things which sticks to the table and then zip cables to them. Leave just cables which needs access constantly. I bet none on the floor needs that.

connorpb7

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2012
Here is my current setup nice and simple. Ikea desk with usb drives in the side cabinet and internal cable management. I boot from an external ssd with the seagate thunderbolt adaptor and it works very well.

DSCN1333_zps34568ed4.jpg

DSCN1330_zps4c408566.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.