Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following yesterday's publication of the first unboxing photos of the iPhone 5, several unboxing videos have now begun appearing. Among the first is one from UK gadget site T3, which received an official review unit from Apple and published its review as the embargo lifted late yesterday.

Finally, a third awkward unboxing video has been posted by a YouTube user who tells us that he pre-ordered his iPhone 5 through Apple and that it was delivered by UPS earlier today. Apple's standard practice involves coordination with delivery companies to hold shipments until the official launch date, but it is not unheard of for a few deliveries to slip through these holds.

Update: Vodafone Germany has removed its video once again. We've replaced our embed with an alternate version.

Article Link: First iPhone 5 Unboxing Videos Posted as Reports of Premature Deliveries Begin

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
I'm not watching this...I want to experience opening it for the first time myself! :cool:

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
I'm just waiting for the slow-witted "it's a fake" comments by those who don't understand that the devices still have the protective plastic wrap.

I know we will get a few. MacRumors has never disappointed me when I've set the bar so low.

:) ;) :D

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
So I'd think I'll be getting the "shipped" email soon seeing as it's supposed to be here by Friday. I need time to "pre-sign" on Apple.com as I probably won't be home when they arrive!

Asmodan

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
Just think about how much cooler these people will be than you for the next 2 days. I feel inadequate.

spencerjoy

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
I still have not even received my tracking number. I placed my order at 3:07 a.m. EST on 9/14. My order status says, "Preparing for Shipment." :mad:

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Quite possibly the worst and best unboxing video I have ever seen in my life. If your 2 minutes and 30 seconds in and have to use pliers to open the box, your doing it wrong. I needed the comic relief today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.