Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

biggiej42

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2009
Sad that there have been at least 3 people who have posted to this thread explaining exactly *WHY* the problem is happening, yet so many people simply reply to the thread with useless comments about how "they're getting it too", without reading those comments. LISTEN: EVERYONE is getting the problem now. At this point, we just need to wait for Apple to fix it. The good news seems to be that it shouldn't require an OS patch. The problem is apparently all due to a missing web page on apple.com.

Sad that you didn't read that the problem has been resolved before you posted.

danyg

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2008
Is anybody going to investigate it ?!?!?

It's working now.. BUT APPLE IS WATCHING US !!!!!!

They fixed that login and now it's working...

BUT WHY the login ????

Apple should explain this ...

Anyone ?

pablovi

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2011
I found the solution. Go to setting, general, network, turn of celular data. Go back to setting, connect to your wifi network. go to general, network and turn of the celular data. Solve my wi-fi problem.

It was a server side problem with Apple, everyone's wifi is working now, no matter What they did or didn't do.

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
Fix

Go into your wifi settings. After being denied. Click on the network point settings, go down to HTTP Proxy and select "Auto". Back out and try selecting the network point. It should work. It fixed it for me.

almousawi

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
thanks it has been fixed without any 6.0.1 update

BTW this thread caused MacRumors servers to become busy little time

mv1234

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
This worked!

This worked :
1) Put iphone in airplane mode
2) Turn on WiFi - this should connect to your network
3) Turn airplane mode off - both i.e cellular & WiFi should now work

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
I had the same problem.

What seemed to work for now was going into wifi and selectinf auto join.
It has worked ever since.

Might be worth a try!

It works fine for me if I select to Auto Join the networks that I intend to be on.

Took a few moments to figure that out, however. It's a little annoying.

thehill1

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Wifi iPad2 Fix

Go to your Wifi networks, forget all (each). Go to general tab and remove ios password, power off, power on and connect to desired network. Setup your password again... My iPad2 is working fine with Wifi now.

pipa

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Bitcoin City
How I fixed this on iPhone 4:

• clear safari cache and cookies
  • reset network settings
  • sync iPhone again in iTunes
  • reconnect to wifi

How it fixes it.

Did nothing.

Scary that apple can have such control of your device. Something seems fishy!

mwolenski

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2008
I had the same problem then went to setting > general > reset > reset network settings and that solved the problem.

mball44

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
I updated my phone and iPad to ios6 and had the same problem.... i went to settings -> general -> reset and then reset all settings ... after i did that the wifi worked as normal.

eddyecb

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Can no one read? Nothing you did on your idevice fixed it, it was all on apples side and they resolved it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.