Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solsearchin

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2012
Hey all try this,

Turn wifi off
Turn Siri off
Turn wifi on and connect to your network
Wait 1 min after connection to confirm its still connected
Turn on Siri

This worked for me

katiebeth22

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
IOS 6 Trouble

I updated my iPhone (3gs) to the ios 6 Software now its not receiving messages or phone calls and have tried resetting it any help??

Mizukify

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
for some reason i still cannot connect to wi-fi :/ I tried everything suggested here but nothing.
IMG_9391_zpsb586e76b.png

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
I was having the same wifi issue, do the following and hopefully it will also work for you:
On your iPad go to setting,general,reset and only reset network. As soon as it comes back up your problem is solved and no need for restoring the iPad.

That's wat I did last night and it worked for me .

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Didn't have a problem on either my iPhone or my iPad after updating both devices and I connected to three different wifi networks each using a different router. Not sure what the common denominator is for people having issues. Perhaps the type of encryption set up? /shrug

bakkman

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
ios 6

if you are at home disconnect the wifi but dont unplug it than go to wifi and get on than wait about 5 mins than reconnect the cord it should work:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Smtevo

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
I am at school and now I have to go in and select the wifi I want to use and it connects and then when my phone goes to sleep after a minute the wifi disconnects and I have to redo the whole process. Can anyone help?

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
I am at school and now I have to go in and select the wifi I want to use and it connects and then when my phone goes to sleep after a minute the wifi disconnects and I have to redo the whole process. Can anyone help?

I had the same experience with my school WiFI, selecting forget network and then connecting again solved the problem.

AceCoolie

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
I had another 2 hour call with Apple and they still couldn't fix it. I did, finally, get it working on my own but it took 3 hours of messing with my network. To get it to connect, I ended up having to change the SSID and switch my WPA2 authentication from AES to mixed.

To recap, iPad, iPods on iOS 5.1.1 and multiple other devices all connected to my network just fine. iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.1 connected fine but after upgrade, just showed a spinning circle next to the network name. I think something changed in iOS6 with their WPA2 authentication.

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
I had the same experience with my school WiFI, selecting forget network and then connecting again solved the problem.

Monday and still no resolution on my iPad.

There is definitely an issue accessing wifi networks which have a homepage with user and password login screen. My iPad continues to bounce on attempting a connection and displays a screen with message that it was unable to connect to apple.com/library. The logical thing one would do at this point is to type in the url for the login page - but thats not possible as the network connection is dropped each time the apple.com message is displayed.

My apartment has group wifi with login screen and I really need my iPad to communicate with my wife and kids as I'm working abroad as I dont have admin rights for company PC and theres no Skype loaded - the iPad has a lower data requirement which means it works better in this poor bandwidth location.

Apple needs to either offer ios 5 availability for rollback or get this fixed fast with a ios 6.01 release. I cant believe the company which prides itself on the best 'customer experience' did not resolve this within 24 hours.

M

millemanuk

Not sure if its the same problem but I upgraded my 3GS to IOS6 and have totally lost wifi. Cant detect ANY wifi at all, any ideas?

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
After iOS 6, I can't send any tipe of message that contains an image over my house wi-fi (WhatsApp, Instagram, Mail, Facebook) It works on other networks though.

Anyone else having this issue?

Indego

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
This is not complex to solve.

In settings under wifi select the network that you are connected (ie press on right facing arrow).

Then make sure auto-join is on.

Next time you unlock the phone, it will connect again.

Cheers

Icoh

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011
At this very moment, I am on an iMac that has no WiFi problems. However, my family has an iPhone 5 that can't find any networks most of the time. An iPad 2 and an iPhone 4S (both updated) can find networks but can't maintain the connections. I think it's safe to say that we have an iOS 6 issue.

I've seen something about switching from WPA2 to WEP to help solve the problem, but I'm not exactly tech-literate enough to figure that out. Anyone understand what this means/know how to do it with a Linksys E-4200 router?

Thanks for any help.

Indego

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2012
Retain your wifi settings from prior to the update except select auto-join as I posted above.

Happy wifi

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Just upgraded from a 3GS to a 5. Can't login to wifi. Neat. It seems every time I try to connect to my wifi router, a login page pops up with http://www.apple.com at the top, and the popup is blank, except for the 404 - not found text in the upper left. Cool. Came to MacRumors for some help . . .

Go into your wifi settings. After being denied. Click on the network point settings, go down to HTTP Proxy and select "Auto". Back out and try selecting the network point. It should work. It fixed it for me.

Didn't help.

Check your Passbook and Store again. I solved it this way.

No.

Forget wifi network and sign back in. Worked for me.

Still nothing.

This worked :
1) Put iphone in airplane mode
2) Turn on WiFi - this should connect to your network
3) Turn airplane mode off - both i.e cellular & WiFi should now work

Yeah, no.

Just found the simple solution, restart your phone! Hope this helps!

No.

I know everyone is saying it was server side, and fixed by Apple, but I'm getting the exact behavior everyone was getting, on a new device! Anyone? Should I return the blasted thing?

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Just upgraded from a 3GS to a 5. Can't login to wifi. Neat. It seems every time I try to connect to my wifi router, a login page pops up with http://www.apple.com at the top, and the popup is blank, except for the 404 - not found text in the upper left. Cool. Came to MacRumors for some help . . .

Have you tried to connect while being close to the router? I only have WiFi issues (not reconnecting after sleep) when I am on a spot in my house where the WiFi signal is weak. Closer to the router I have no problems at all.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Have you tried to connect while being close to the router? I only have WiFi issues (not reconnecting after sleep) when I am on a spot in my house where the WiFi signal is weak. Closer to the router I have no problems at all.

No, that's not actually the problem. The issue is, my WiFi isn't a typical cable fed wireless router. I'm in an RV park that gets fed WiFi from a service called tengointernet. Like most public WiFi points, it redirects calls to the internet to a login page that simply requires one click to access the web. Works fine for my MBP and my 3GS, but instead of the login page popping up on my 5, a blank white ERROR 404 page pops up with http://www.apple.com displayed in the popup header. Tried EVERYTHING I could find on the web, no go, gave up.

bripab007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2009
One of the problems is related to changes Apple made to 802.11n network negotiation code in iOS 6, specifically on 2.4GHz shared with other wi-fi clients on the same frequency.

One way to solve this for iPhone 5 is to connect to a 5GHz 802.11n access point if possible, or a 2.4GHz 802.11g access point.

In several cases I've been able to resolve my own, and others', problems with iOS 6 wi-fi connectivity on various iDevices, by isolating the problematic iDevice from the other wi-fi clients by having it connect to a separate 802.11g or n AP 2.4GHz or by having iPhone connect to 802.11n on 5GHz spectrum.

This behavior seems to possibly jive with what one network tech found regarding Apple's new interpretation of 802.11n standards, as seen in this article: http://www.zdnet.com/a-new-apple-io...ed-up-while-others-remain-unfixed-7000005134/

jmarch

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2012
Same Problem ...

After iOS 6, I can't send any tipe of message that contains an image over my house wi-fi (WhatsApp, Instagram, Mail, Facebook) It works on other networks though.

Anyone else having this issue?

Carlos, I am having the same issue. Did you fix it ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.