Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NismoRoadster

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cerritos, CA
This is what Iam looking for - but without that magnet lock. Why did they have to go magnet? Magnets and harddrives never work well together. After 1 month in this one the phones harddrive can certainly take damage. Gush.

There's no hard drive in iPhones. It's all flash drives, magnets does not affect anything, see the iPad2/3 Smart Cover for example. For the iPhone 4 I had the same type case from spigen for two years and the phone works fine. It's a nice case

VinnyV

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2011
agreed magnets will not affect flash drives at all so no worries about it. besides that i was also eyeing the spigen however the look of the metal part just put me off xD im rolling with a waterfield suede jacket

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Anyhow, the magnets become weeker in time. If you got a case with "click-lock" , then it wont be a problem. I want one of those click lockers :)

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
do you prefer

Iam pretty certain that I need something that covers the whole phone. Like a case in leather that has a clip closure on the top.

I found this too, and I like it, the only problem is that its open on the top. Which I dont like.

Attachments

• 25022882_81913.jpg
    25022882_81913.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 353

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
There's no hard drive in iPhones. It's all flash drives, magnets does not affect anything, see the iPad2/3 Smart Cover for example. For the iPhone 4 I had the same type case from spigen for two years and the phone works fine. It's a nice case

Is there any case like that without the magnets? Iam really paranoid.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden

Looks ugly , sorry. But thanks!

All the ones that look like that have the magnet on the strap. Maybe this might work but I've never had or seen these cases before.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091THRCU?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

http://us.beyzacases.com/pd-iphone-5-zero-series-case.cfm

Yeah Ive been looking at the snugg. The only problem I can see is if I wear screenprotectors on that phone so it wont fit? Btw, the snugg has an open top.

The spigen-cases are the best but they have magnets :(

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
having to remove the phone from the sleeve adds a higher chance of fumbling around and then eventually dropping it. i wouldnt use one. its just another thing to carry around too.

Agreed. Plus, if you're walking along, pulling a suitcase or carrying a laptop bag then you must stop - since you need both hands.

NismoRoadster

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2011
Cerritos, CA
Looks ugly , sorry. But thanks!

Yeah Ive been looking at the snugg. The only problem I can see is if I wear screenprotectors on that phone so it wont fit? Btw, the snugg has an open top.

The spigen-cases are the best but they have magnets :(

Yea overall, spigen is the best and protects the top too. The only things is the fit is tight but I'm sure it will loosen over time. I woulnt worry about the magnet stuff. It's pretty much a myth. Computers have speaker magnets sitting over the harddrives. It really takes a super strong magnet to wipe a drive or affect needles. Everything in the iPhones are solid chips sitting in silicon, resins, and stuff. No moving parts noting to worry about.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Well there's the "HEX Code Wallet" for the iphone 4. Don't know if they're planning an iphone 5 version:

http://www.amazon.com/Code-Wallet-L...s_img_y/180-4437166-6775837?tag=5336090759-20

That looks better. But still wanting a subtle looking case. Black.
And one con with that case is that its got a "hard" case inside which makes scratches to the phone.

Yea overall, spigen is the best and protects the top too. The only things is the fit is tight but I'm sure it will loosen over time. I woulnt worry about the magnet stuff. It's pretty much a myth. Computers have speaker magnets sitting over the harddrives. It really takes a super strong magnet to wipe a drive or affect needles. Everything in the iPhones are solid chips sitting in silicon, resins, and stuff. No moving parts noting to worry about.

What you're explaining is pretty much tumbling me over ,but Iam still paranoid. Very well-written but Iam still not amused. I will think of it every night like, what if that case destroys my phones components, lol.
I will, at very least, think that the phone is slower and things like that so HELL no :D

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I just ordered this case! Similar to bookbook but I like the actual phone-holding area better, and how easy it is to pop in/out. They have a slighter cheaper version without the card holders too.

http://www.padandquill.com/cases-for-iphone-ipod-touch/little-pocket-book-for-iphone-5.html

Awesome! Looks , awesome! Iam going for one of these.

Can you upload pics when you get it ? Iam getting my phone in 3 days so I need a case nao! Figured Iam going for a temporary silicone case before I get my SENA (which takes a while to come) - then Iam gonna look at this.

avk

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
Awesome! Looks , awesome! Iam going for one of these.

Can you upload pics when you get it ? Iam getting my phone in 3 days so I need a case nao! Figured Iam going for a temporary silicone case before I get my SENA (which takes a while to come) - then Iam gonna look at this.

I will take pics but I don't expect to receive it until the end of October. It doesn't ship for another 2 weeks and I'm international.. stuck an incipio dualpro case on for now, already hating it haha.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I will take pics but I don't expect to receive it until the end of October. It doesn't ship for another 2 weeks and I'm international.. stuck an incipio dualpro case on for now, already hating it haha.

Havent heard good reviews on the dualpro, no :)

Well, its a shame.

Heres another one I found

Attachments

• large_p25025825.jpg
    large_p25025825.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 253

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Just ordered a Colcasack for use at home, mostly. Might just take it with me sometimes til I get a leathercase.

Now the thing I just figured out is that I can use a silicone case + screenprotectors and still it fits in the Colcasack. Now thats the big PLUS for that sack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.