Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knarke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Anyone having issues losing sound on iPhone 5? My phone will automatically go to a vibrate setting. I then have to restart to get sound working again. Is this software issue or should I exchange?

langers2010

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
Mine too. Sometimes my phone doesn't make a sound when I plug in charger or get a text etc. I have to turn it off & on again to fix.

mrcrusty

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2012
Same here !

Hi there,

I had the same problem, my phone would only vibrate and not make any sound on things like typing a message, and when I got a call or a text.

The strange thing is that is I switched the phone off then on again it would all work ok, I noticed this on Friday and over the weekend, I called Apple Support who did not have a clue about what to do, strange that it has been fine yesterday and today.

Its not just you, if you look at other forums on both here and the apple communities pages others are having the same issue.

Hope that helps.

tr24

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
When people are having this problem is anyone able to play any sound from the speaker (such as music)?

My speaker seems to randomly break and start working a while later. I'm sure it's a hardware fault because I applied a little pressure to the speaker area and it started working again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.