Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
If they're having display issues, something tells me this will be a retina screen as well.

gus127

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2012
Texas
You do realize that your new iPad will not cease to function, or get slower, when a newer iPad is released, right?
Yes I realize, but wouldn't it suck that you just got a new iPad then 3 months from now. Then they release a new upgraded IPad for the same price you got yours.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Anyone else find this report hard to believe? Is there any really new technology in the rumored iPad mini? Most of the parts are probably off the shelf. Seems like a ruse to get people to preorder on day 1...

If you believe the usual conspiracy crowd:

They are holding back about 5 million pieces, already in their warehouse!

Intarweb

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2007
I guess this will be the holiday product to purchase multiples of and sell for a profit. If you want one better get'em quick.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Gee, what a surprise!

C'mon everybody, if you want an iPad mini, you will need to buy early and often! It will be necessary to line up in front of the store to get one!

Unless you buy as quickly as possible, you might be left out!

But seriously, this happens every single time with Apple. They use the press to create the perception of shortages, in a (now transparent) effort to get additional early sales.

Once the meme is established, then (like magic!) supply catches up.

And people still believe it. Pathetic.

----------

I hope they don't release a new new ipad. I just but a new ipad. I will shoot my self if they do.

Return it if you bough it recently.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
no prob to get a 5 here. just got bk from the mall. vodafone & o2 both had plenty of the white and black 16gb one at least. too bad i dont have plenty of money as a student :eek:

no need for smaller iPad tho, but im lookin forward to the iTunes refresh :) shouldnt there be a beta btw?

Tom8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
I really cannot imagine this being even in production. I doubt Apple would create another iPad that would become somewhat of a fragmented iOS ecosystem.

I'm not really sure there's that much fragmentation in iOS. By next year when iOS 7 comes out, the 3GS will have had support dropped, so there's only 2 phone resolutions that need supporting. It's possible the iPad 2 will also have support dropped, so that means only 2 iPad resolutions that would need to be supported too, if an iPad mini came out.

Krauser

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
Friends, what is advantage of mini-me ipad over real ipad? Only cost? Can not put it in pocket. Maybe for girls with little purse?

:confused:
You've obviously never used a Galaxy Tab 7 or something similar. That size for a tablet is, in my and many other's opinions, a much more comfortable and usable size.

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
My Nexus7 fits nicely in my hoodie, jacket and GoLite pants pockets.

3406233779_6c58cb0d75.jpg

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
All I care about is what's going on with the iMac??? The iPad mini is uninteresting right now

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
Yes I realize, but wouldn't it suck that you just got a new iPad then 3 months from now. Then they release a new upgraded IPad for the same price you got yours.

That is correct, and don't worry, I think that's just a rumor, Apple seem to prefer a full year in the spotlight for each product, and they hold off changes for the next generation.

So no new standard iPad this year, iPad 4th generation will probably be a redesigned case (my guess: something similar to the iPod Touch and iPhone form factor), thinner, A6X processor, new dock connector, cooler and shorter charge time for the battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.