Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
My wife is big (200 lbs), but I married for love and not necessarily looks.

Same here, in a sense. I met the lady who would become my wife while still dating the above ~400 lb. woman. Were I going strictly by size, the 400-pounder had my future wife beat by well over 100 pounds at the time. But my future wife was more intelligent and level-headed, not to mention cuter in the face and better proportioned.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I say good for her for getting her groove on. She doesn't necessarily need to announce it for the entire world but hey. I also read somewhere that about 450 lbs is where people generally stop being able to walk? Not sure but hopefully she can get down to that and start incorporating walking or other activities.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio

Wow what a story. On a side note, the comments are awful. We are human and a little teasing is one thing, but "she should be put down" is awful.

Mayra Rosales has since lost over half her body weight, almost paralleling Manuel Uribe of Mexico. She is down to ~450 and plans to have bariatric surgery for the last part of her weight loss regimen once her condition stabilizes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.