Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

macheist.jpg
MacHeist has launched their fourth application bundle, combining fifteen apps with a retail value of $539 (if certain sales targets are reached), for $29. MacHeist typically assembles these bundles with a wide variety of apps, including both games and productivity programs.

This year's bundle includes:

- Bejeweled 3
- Scrivener
- Courier
- PDF Signer
- Artboard
- Jurassic Park
- Sam and Max
- Strong Bad
- Radium
- DiskTools Pro
- Evernote (With 15 months of Evernote Premium included)
- HDRtist
- Firetask*
- BioShock 2*
- Painter Lite*

The last three apps will be unlocked once certain sales targets are reached. Further, 25% of each purchase goes to one of 10 charities that the purchaser can choose from.

Article Link: MacHeist 4 Bundle Offers 15 Apps for $29

martint84

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2009
Worth it for Evernote alone

$29 for 15 months of Evernote Premium is worth it alone. I probably won't even download the rest of the crap.

sza

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2010
Generally this kind of bundle only contains one useful software.:cool:

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
I've liked Artboard, but I have it already so that's not much of a selling point...

movielad

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2005
Surrey
Absolutely worth it for Scrivener and Evernote alone. And with NaNoWriMo just around the corner, now is absolutely the perfect time to buy.

bse3

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
The only app that interests me is the PDF signer app... And it can be had for $10 on it's own.

If you just need it to put your John Doe under some documents, Preview.app does it for free.

I'm quite disappointed with the bundle. Not going to buy it this time. Some of the mission loot is fine, though.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
If you just need it to put your John Doe under some documents, Preview.app does it for free.

I'm quite disappointed with the bundle. Not going to buy it this time. Some of the mission loot is fine, though.

I like filling out applications and forms that come in PDF format. I once used an online service that did it and charged me a fee to print it. But the software seems like a much better deal.

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Scrivener, FTW

Scrivener is a very nice app for writing of any kind: novels, nonfiction, papers for class, etc. The developer is working on an iPad app which will be available within the next 6 months or so.

IMHO, Scrivener is vastly superior for Word/Pages/etc. for performing research and structuring your writing. That's about 90% of the job.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Was hoping for a killer app like past bundles, which had VMWare or Parallels, but the "biggest" app for me personally (I don't do heavy writing, and I personally have zero use for Evernote, nor do I really understand its massive appeal) is the Disk management app, and thats not even really useful. Too many games and one-off novelty apps for me.

hamkor04

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2011
can't see any useful app for me, i know few of my friends embraces the Evernote. but didn't know it was $60:confused:

hchavarria

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
I think I'll grab this bundle, Evernote alone pays for the rest. Anyone know If you purchase the bundle and the others become unlocked do you get them too? I've been looking to purchase Bioshock 2.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
What is so good about evernote? I don't understand how having all your documents in a different place from normal is easier to manage etc.

The Mercurian

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2012
Think I will get this for Scrivener alone!

By all accounts its is a great app and I know some novelists use it

Bobcat16

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2010
Does MacHeist still ignore any customer questions/emails? I bought one of these bundles a while back and could never get an answer from them after numerous tries.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Does MacHeist still ignore any customer questions/emails? I bought one of these bundles a while back and could never get an answer from them after numerous tries.

yeah they ignore still.

----------

I think I'll grab this bundle, Evernote alone pays for the rest. Anyone know If you purchase the bundle and the others become unlocked do you get them too? I've been looking to purchase Bioshock 2.

it says after 25k bundles are sold all purchasers will get everything. so far it is about 6k

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Bit of a disappointing selection this time 'round. Nothing that jumps out at me.

I would have preferred iDraw to Artboard. Can't find any info about Corel lite (seems they made it just for the bundle).

I may still go for it if Bioshock is redeemed over Steam.

waqas

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2012
Chicago
Buying outside the Mac App Store

Why? I don't have money outside my App Store account. So I can't buy any of such things, too bad.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
MacHeist 4 has been a long time coming but unfortunately this bundle is very underwhelming, IMO.

lukecro

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2009
NYC
The Strong Bad / Homestar Runner app (game) looks very cool. Loved their old web cartoons - didn't realize they had a game out until now. But the graphics and humor/attitude look loyal to the original toons. Around ~$30 -- so basically free with this bundle (if you we're already going to buy one of the other apps anyway).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.