Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Just 12 hours after iPad mini pre-orders went live, Apple has already begun preparing some of those first orders for shipment. The status reflects the final step before the packages are handed off to delivery companies. So far, we have seen a pair of reports in our forums with at least one of them coming from the UK, and another report from a Twitter user in Germany.

ipad_mini_preparing_for_shipment.jpg
The first pre-orders of Wi-Fi models are scheduled for delivery on Friday, November 2, with Apple typically arranging with delivery companies to have shipments held until the launch date. It is not unusual, however, for a handful of orders to slip through early.

Apple sold out of its launch-day stocks of the white iPad mini models in the United States within minutes, and with the company still offering launch-day delivery on the black models it appears that supplies of the white models may be especially tight in the early going. Orders for Wi-Fi models in many other countries went to shipping estimates of two weeks essentially immediately upon opening, while cellular-capable models are projected for mid-to-late November availability.

(Thanks, Rob!)

Article Link: Apple Already Preparing Some Early iPad Mini Pre-Orders for Shipment

TMRaven

macrumors 68020
Nov 5, 2009
macorderupdate.com is what this site should be called. We can all expect another front page article about the first people doing unboxings of their iPad minis as well.

Last edited:

rob25255

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
London
Thanks Erik :) First time in 6 years I've been given credit for something in my sad Apple Addict's life. Maybe I should sell it next week and start a new AA self help group!

Shin-Ra

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2008
Preparing for shipment here too, ordered just minutes after the store reopened.

(UK) iPad with Retina display Wi-Fi 16GB - Black

flashPUNK

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
I ordered 3:04am Toronto Time via the iPhone app - 16gb White/wifi, mine says it will deliver Nov 21.... But my Mini smart cover is currently preparing for shipment?... wtf.

iThinkIt

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2012
Florida, USA
ordered the 4th gen @ 2:52 PST. Personalized iPad Smart Case - Polyurethane - Dark Gray is "Preparing for Shipment"... the pad is still processing............. Come on Shipment notice.. :)

Jamesfong

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Ordered at 8.03 bst. still processing. does it make a difference that I ordered a smart cover too?

taiwanese

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
I ordered 3:04am Toronto Time via the iPhone app - 16gb White/wifi, mine says it will deliver Nov 21.... But my Mini smart cover is currently preparing for shipment?... wtf.

3:01AM @ Toronto as well..... Can't believe I didn't get the Nov 02 shipment

TheManOfSilver

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2004
Canada
Mine (32GB black and slate wifi) is preparing to ship!

Ordered at about 12:12 PST, here in Canada.

Given how quickly it sold out, I'm thinking they had very little supply of the white ones for pre-orders.

EDIT: Turns out I didn't look closely enough. It's just my smart cover that's in preparation stage ... my mini is still showing as processing ... Although delivery is still supposed to be Nov 2-6.

Last edited:

xFenixKnightx

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2011
Any chance of my 2 week shipment being shipped in....1 week? :( Anyone know if there's a chance of that happening?

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
My guess is that there will be some, but if they are as popular as the pre-orders seem - they will not be there long.

Not as popular as many expected. The black models are all still available for delivery on November 2nd. I thought all of them would sell out in a few hours and certainly by now, almost 4pm Eastern time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.