Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
No matter what they post you folks bitch! Geez, why don't you start you own freaking forum. If you aren't bitching you aren't happy it seems!

Hear hear, all people seem to do is moan...gets on my tits, lighten up.

swarmster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2004
Great... the faster they get these turds out, the faster new models a retina display come out.

I'm not so sure you're going to see an iPad mini with a higher PPI than an iPad. And I think they made clear that they think there's value in being able to use all the standard iPad apps, so you're unlikely to get some weird in-between resolution just for the sake of matching PPI. I think the current positioning, higher than the 'legacy' iPad but not quite as high as the retina iPads, is a sweet spot you'll see stick around for a while.

digiguy23

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2004
The Mini is the new iPad 3 enjoy it for 6 months people :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with the iPad 3. Mine didn't stop working and it has retina display, runs all the apps and it's fast. And I am sure millions of people that still own it are enjoying theirs too. I've been looking at the android blogs, and the apps for weeks already. I've even went to staples to play with the Nexus 7. I'll take an Apple mini any day.

Last edited:

pinchez

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2006
Will indeed and when they announce the new one I'll sell the old one and get about 80 to 85% of my cost back to apply. Life is great isn't it?

Your Joking right?

6 months ago I paid £559 for my iPad 3, Apple are now selling these off as refurbs for £440 which makes mine worth about £380 I would think. So that's a loss of almost £180 in 6 months.

You think they won't upgrade the Mini to Retina + A6 next refresh? and you think you'll get back 80 - 85% for a machine with already outdated specs especially when the new retina Mini looks so good ;)

I know there's nothing wrong with the iPad 3, love mine

Mine and allot of peoples problem with this is they've devalued our machines. I was looking forward to getting the new version in a year and selling mine for a small loss to fund this (like usual). But when the iPad 5 comes out mine will be 2 generations older and I'll be competing to sell mine with others who are selling iPad 4's. Do you see?

Last edited:

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
macorderupdate.com is what this site should be called. We can all expect another front page article about the first people doing unboxings of their iPad minis as well.

Does it really upset you?

246-0821133454-google_cartoon_cry_baby.jpg

And we can all expect cry babies to come on the forums and say this site should be called blahblahblah.com since this isn't a news update.

Yada. Yada. Yada.

:rolleyes:

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
Your Joking right?

6 months ago I paid £559 for my iPad 3, Apple are now selling these off as refurbs for £440 which makes mine worth about £380 I would think. So that's a loss of almost £180 in 6 months.

You think they won't upgrade the Mini to Retina + A6 next refresh? and you think you'll get back 80 - 85% for a machine with already outdated specs especially when the new retina Mini looks so good ;)

No, I am not joking at all. I purchased an iPad 3 on release day paid ($599 no tax) used it up till Wednesday of this week, sold it on Ebay for $560 plus the buyer paid for the shipping. I've done the same exact thing with every iDevices I've owned.

The issue I would take with Apple was they broke the normal yearly cycle. I already knew I was going to sell my iPad 3 to get the iPad Mini, so my put my plan into action right after the announcement.

Thus far this has worked for me and I'd dare say lots of others... Apple doesn't guarantee me anything as a buyer of their products. What they do though is make great products that hold their resale value. You just have to know how to do it and I do.

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California

Pretty much every Apple product is updated on cycles that are less than 12 months. No matter what you buy, it will soon be outdated. If you live with the "6 months from now there will be a better one" attitude, you should just not ever buy anything related to technology.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains

And why not for quite awhile longer? I still enjoy my iPad 1, even though I have finally decided to buy a refreshed model.

When you buy computing gear today you can expect to use it for a long time. At point of purchase, presumably you have needs that will be met by that purchase. So you don't have to get all crazed by refresh cycles. Buy it and run it into the ground!

Until last year I even had an old plastic white iBook still running like a little top. It was some G3-900MHz thing, sitting in the kitchen serving up recipes and playing music if I had forgotten to bring an iPod out there with me. I didn't expect it to game because when it came out the games people play now did not exist. Its display finally went so I extracted the drive and recycled the rest of it, but I sure got my money's worth out of that thing.

When I first got it, I used it for mail, calendar, text processing, surfing. It was fine with that load and I was happy with it. I backbenched it when I got newer gear to keep up with the higher density of web pages, but it remained serviceable offline for way past its expected life.

Most people have zero need to hit every (or even every other) refresh cycle on tech gear. It's just f'g nuts to suggest otherwise.

AlkFoo

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2010
Your Joking right?

I know there's nothing wrong with the iPad 3, love mine

Mine and allot of peoples problem with this is they've devalued our machines. I was looking forward to getting the new version in a year and selling mine for a small loss to fund this (like usual). But when the iPad 5 comes out mine will be 2 generations older and I'll be competing to sell mine with others who are selling iPad 4's. Do you see?

I do see the problem, because I believe unlike the iPhone the iPad 3 is done (when iPad Gen 5 comes out, the 3's will be gone, and only 4's at the lower pricing). My advice... "Sell Now".

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
I can imagine all those workers ripping the insides out of an old dated iPad 2 and putting them into the new iPad mini......Job Done!

Was it really worth the effort to type that post?...are you insecure by any chance?!

spicoli

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2007
Back to the thread topic........ novel idea.

My card is charged and my order changed to "Preparing for Shipment". Still says Delivers: 11/2, but a fanboi can dream can't he?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.