Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tiggger

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
mod moved to here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/161/

:confused::confused: read the comment mod made: "As this thread was somewhat of a "catch-all" it will be left in our new UI Customization but closed." :confused::confused:

i think they should have at least had a link to it showing where it went to, would have made it easier to locate.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
There is a redirection link. However the thread was unstickied so the link is somewhere down lower.

It got moved because we've moved all wallpapers to their own subforum now. Read the sticky at the top of the new subforum.

It was closed because we're now asking users to split wallpaper threads out more by category. In the iPhone subforum we had just one thread, in the UI Customization subforum you'll see many threads pop up as time goes on, categorized by what is in the thread.

Unfortunately since the thread is not stickied in the new subforum, the redirect in this subforum is no longer stickied either. It's not ideal but...

You know what... I'll sticky this thread as a notice for a week or so. Everybody wins!

tiggger

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
There is a redirection link. However the thread was unstickied so the link is somewhere down lower.

It got moved because we've moved all wallpapers to their own subforum now. Read the sticky at the top of the new subforum.

It was closed because we're now asking users to split wallpaper threads out more by category. In the iPhone subforum we had just one thread, in the UI Customization subforum you'll see many threads pop up as time goes on, categorized by what is in the thread.

why not add another sub-heading labeled "iPhone wallpapers" under the main iPhone heading to make it easier to find wallpapers for the iPhone (see attached pic), the way it is now it's like hidden or hard to find...

in fact you could do the same for the iPad forum too.

Attachments

• iPhone headings.png
    iPhone headings.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 3,573

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
It's closed because we had 1 giant thread. Now we'd rather have you make multiple threads, each with their own theme to help people find wallpapers easier. Read the sticky in that subforum if you haven't already.

enophi1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2008
UK
I think this is easier, I was sick to death of the Sports Wallpapers being in every single page of one thread.

Now I can avoid them altogether :D :p

tiggger

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
I think this is easier, I was sick to death of the Sports Wallpapers being in every single page of one thread.

Now I can avoid them altogether :D :p

i agree about separating the wallpapers, just wish they would have made them easier to find...

tiggger

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
Why do you think they are not easy to find? :confused:

it's just not laid out in a easy to find way.

if i'm looking for something for the iPhone whether it's accessories, wallpapers, etc. the first place i'm going to look is under the "iPhone" heading, not under "Picture Gallery" and then "UI Customization". Maybe if the "UI Customization" was worded "Wallpapers" it would make it easier for people to find them.

enuff said...

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
So if we posted wallpapers in the main thread would you like us to post them again in appropriate threads or maybe delete the old ones and move them appropriate threads? I'm liking the idea of separating them because I too was tired of digging through sports wallpapers and such.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
There's really no need to repost them at this time. We left the old threads there for the old wallpapers. People can find the newest ones at the end of the old threads and we can use the new system going forward.

tiggger

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
So if we posted wallpapers in the main thread would you like us to post them again in appropriate threads or maybe delete the old ones and move them appropriate threads? I'm liking the idea of separating them because I too was tired of digging through sports wallpapers and such.

as i posted previously i like the idea of separating the wallpapers too. maybe have it setup as follows: iPhone>Wallpapers then sub-headings under Wallpaper like: Badges, Cars, Comics, Icons, Landscape, Movies, People, Sports, etc. IDK just a thought.

i think when people come to this site they are looking for specific things, and those specific things should be easy to find. if i'm looking for something for my iMac, i look for it under iMac, same with iPhone, iPad, etc.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
Wow, you guys have ruined a good thing. We were fulfilling requests and bringing users what they wanted. There are thousands of iPhone 5 wallpaper sites on the internet that any user can go & utilize. If they don't want to search every page for a wallpaper they might like, they don't have to. There are countless options on the internet.

This new setup is $h!tt!3r than Android.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Wow, you guys have ruined a good thing. We were fulfilling requests and bringing users what they wanted. There are thousands of iPhone 5 wallpaper sites on the internet that any user can go & utilize. If they don't want to search every page for a wallpaper they might like, they don't have to. There are countless options on the internet.

What is wrong with the newer solution? Your feedback doesn't really state that.

tiggger

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010

i agree, they've ruined a good thing. if it wasn't good it wouldn't have had over 1.2 million views, and that's just for the iPhone 5 NSFW walls. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow

Creating a dedicated place for these threads was the direct result of member feedback. ;)

enophi1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2008
UK
Seriously guys, all you need to do is bookmark the new subforum and hey presto! it's not cluttering the front page anymore, and you can check it once a day.

Just subscribe to all the wallpaper threads that interest you, instead of wading through 3000 posts to find a wallpaper you "might" like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.