Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Seriously guys, all you need to do is bookmark the new subforum and hey presto! it's not cluttering the front page anymore, and you can check it once a day.

Just subscribe to all the wallpaper threads that interest you, instead of wading through 3000 posts to find a wallpaper you "might" like.

Another time saver is to use the links in this sticky thread to quickly sort the threads into different categories.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
why not add another sub-heading labeled "iPhone wallpapers" under the main iPhone heading to make it easier to find wallpapers for the iPhone (see attached pic), the way it is now it's like hidden or hard to find...

in fact you could do the same for the iPad forum too.

We were skeptical to begin with, because we do try to keep forum bloat to a minimum (there are already LOTS of forums to scroll through). But we went ahead and did it.

When you click on the iPhone Wallpapers etc. or iPad Wallpapers etc. sub-forums, you're taken directly to the UI Customization sug-forum. :cool:

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Why was it closed? Open it back up! I guess we will have to start another one.

Explained in the second post of this thread:

It was closed because we're now asking users to split wallpaper threads out more by category. In the iPhone subforum we had just one thread, in the UI Customization subforum you'll see many threads pop up as time goes on, categorized by what is in the thread....

And it's not a good idea to start a new thread of the same type as a thread that's been closed. ;)

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Why?

What is it about the new system you dislike?
I guess it's the plain and simple idea of conserved systems but then again I don't like what confusion this system brings. It's like putting everything in it's own box. Putting a topic for each specie on the planet.
Keep it as it was and you'll satisfy not only the new members but the old.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
These members seem to disagree with you to some extent.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1471192/

But people weren't satisfied with the old difficult to navigate monster threads packed with every theme under the sun.

That's why we've implemented the new forum.

I'm not going to take this further. Do what you think is best. It's your forum to moderate.
I want to support your decision but something is telling me that this is wrong.

tiggger

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
like the link to the wallpapers too. :)

here's a suggestion, how about adding a little "NEW" button to alert people of new changes and keep it in place for awhile?

see attached pic.

now have to try and get used to weeding through all the different threads. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• New.jpg
    New.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 420

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
like the link to the wallpapers too. :)

here's a suggestion, how about adding a little "NEW" button to alert people of new changes and keep it in place for awhile?

see attached pic.

I think people who are looking for wallpapers and are in that forum, will find it as it is.

now have to try and get used to weeding through all the different threads. :rolleyes:

Or perhaps reading the thread titles or searching for the tags we've asked members to put in their OPs (as per the sticky).

Change can be difficult. ;) But as Silent Panda pointed out, this particular change was requested.

iforbes

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
It's closed because we had 1 giant thread. Now we'd rather have you make multiple threads, each with their own theme to help people find wallpapers easier. Read the sticky in that subforum if you haven't already.

That's a poor way to do it...decreased diversity. Just require a tag for each post so the thread is searchable. That seems to make more sense to me...

enophi1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2008
UK
I prefer the changes because it saves going through one giant thread looking for a themed wallpaper. I don't want to spend time searching one huge thread.

At least now it's all categorized making it easier to just jump into a thread that interests you eg: Animals, people. perverts thread (NSFW) :p , logo's etc.

I find it funny that people bitch about this and stamp their feet demanding a change when it's a free forum that people spend hours moderating. lol

That's like me going into a shop and demanding they change the layout because I feel inconvenienced. it's.not.going.to.happen..... Trust me, i've tried

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.