Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
I have my wife's first initial in hebrew tattooed on my side (not on its own, but as a part of a tattoo that also includes my first initial in hebrew).

But then again, I know with absolute certainty that we'll be together until we die.:)

I never said there weren't exceptions and yours sounds much more subtle. Its not like its a billboard to your relationship like others I've seen.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Fair enough.

I guess being subtle (and having absolute certainty in your relationship) is the way to go with a tattoo like this.

In the case you describe, yes, I can absolutely see that as being better or more realistic than plastering the name of a lady across any part of your body. And yet, I'm still a cynic. I have it on good authority that people have said "I do" and intended to be together until death and yet, they're not.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
In the case you describe, yes, I can absolutely see that as being better or more realistic than plastering the name of a lady across any part of your body. And yet, I'm still a cynic. I have it on good authority that people have said "I do" and intended to be together until death and yet, they're not.

We're special.:p

100274-56268-ralph-wiggum_large.gif

But yeah, I know what you're saying, jessica.. The divorce rate is very high.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I got the first two last summer (dragon and bat) I was 66 at the time.

The second two (spider and scorpion) were done this summer.

At two per year, it's a good thing I didn't start when I was younger!!

Probably done...but you never know.:D

Attachments

• TAT 1.jpg
    TAT 1.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 282
  • TAT 2.jpg
    TAT 2.jpg
    988 KB · Views: 258
  • TAT 3.jpg
    TAT 3.jpg
    534.5 KB · Views: 284
  • TAT 4.jpg
    TAT 4.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 282

hchavarria

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008

Until death is a very long time (hopefully) but as far as being a bad omen I guess it depends if your a superstitious person or not. I think the problem with today's high divorce rate comes down to not really knowing each other and people always rushing into things. Not saying it wouldn't happen otherwise but I bet not as often. I put my wife's name on a tattoo and 10 years later we're still happily together. Of course we met, dated, and lived together for five years prior.

J911

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2009
London
New one:) Getting it done Tomorrow afternoon....

Attachments

• Untitled-2.png
    Untitled-2.png
    285.2 KB · Views: 299

panda bear

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2010
I never said there weren't exceptions and yours sounds much more subtle. Its not like its a billboard to your relationship like others I've seen.

A guy I know got his girlfriend's name tattooed on his forearm..

Then they broke up.

And he got his next girlfriend's name tattooed over the first girl's name.

Then they broke up.

We no longer speak, so i'm not sure what came of the huge, colorful tattoo of some silly girl's name on his forearm..

Sideonecincy

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2003
Got the pig done on Friday and got rooster done on Saturday. I ended up flying from Cincinnati to Atlanta to get them done.

837b9eb0ef2511e19fb4123138101461_6.jpg

Sideonecincy

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2003
Very cool, any significance of the characters? I'm assuming you went to Atlanta for a specific artist?

According to navy stories, tattooing a pig and rooster on you (typically done on your feet) will prevent a sailor from drowning. The first is just that pigs and chickens do not like water, so they would like to be out of the water as soon as possible. There are more detailed stories saying that during a shipwreck, the pig and rooster would be the only ones that survive because their pens floated to shore.

My grandpa was in the navy during WWII and was on a ship hit by a kamikaze. He managed to be part of the small group that survived the wreck. He passed away last year so represents him looking over me to keep me safe.

LNYMRKO

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2010
A few more shots of my work, including a better one of my arms..

Attachments

• Photo 8-06-12 11 14 45 PM.jpg
    Photo 8-06-12 11 14 45 PM.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 391
  • Photo 5-07-12 9 47 23 AM.jpg
    Photo 5-07-12 9 47 23 AM.jpg
    888.7 KB · Views: 329
  • Photo 27-07-12 7 48 43 PM.jpg
    Photo 27-07-12 7 48 43 PM.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 335

neilhans

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
It's a nice post about the tattoos and I also want to get a tattoo and the designs and many designs of tattoo which are shown here are appreciable and fantastic.

According to navy stories, tattooing a pig and rooster on you (typically done on your feet) will prevent a sailor from drowning. The first is just that pigs and chickens do not like water, so they would like to be out of the water as soon as possible. There are more detailed stories saying that during a shipwreck, the pig and rooster would be the only ones that survive because their pens floated to shore.

My grandpa was in the navy during WWII and was on a ship hit by a kamikaze. He managed to be part of the small group that survived the wreck. He passed away last year so represents him looking over me to keep me safe.

Cool, thanks for the backstory. I'd never heard of that. :)

A few more shots of my work, including a better one of my arms..

Love the sleeves! :cool:

Just saw this on internet...

I want it as a first tattoo so badly!

Meh, question mark tatoos are overrated...

question-mark.jpg

;) :p

View attachment 374710 my most recent addition. It's an ambigram of my daughters name. Miley

Very nice. :)

Aeolius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2002
I just got back from getting my third tattoo. After five and a half hours, we decided it would be best to finish it in a second session.

21643_4856316656564_913300432_n.jpg

JGC1986

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
This is on my leg, I want to add more to it, but don't know what...I was thinking shading all around it.

8xolsi.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.