Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
thought a few years ago to get my birth date done on my upper back in barcode, and a friend said 'why make 'their' work easier? When 'they' come, they will be likely tattooing expiration dates on all of us, and sorting us by that date.' I think he read too much scifi, or something... Wow...

I hope that way of thinking doesn't stop you! My brother is thinking of a same style of tattoo.

A few years ago I designed my own. I wanted "faith, hope, love", but not in the way everybody already does. So i started drawing. I wanted something clean, minimalistic, and thus I started with a horizontal line. That line was crossed by another line, making the first part (faith). Another line crossing the horizontal one with an added arch made the second part: the anchor representing hope. And finally, one other bowed and dented line would end the horizontal line by making the right half of a heart, representing love.

After quite some time, i made up my mind about where to get it tattooed. I decided it should go on my right side, but then i didn't want it horizontal, but vertical. So i redesigned it with the same elements, keeping the half heart, and this is the end result:

Attachments

• IMG_2174.jpeg
    IMG_2174.jpeg
    493.5 KB · Views: 118
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.