Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Oct 6, 2012, 11:46 PM   #26
Mal
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
Well I wouldn't send from iCloud.com b/c any reply would be rejected. Apple should deny sending until both work.
Yeah, I only sent myself some tests to make sure. I don't even really care about using the @icloud.com address, since I prefer @mac.com, but wanted to give some updated information for those interested.

jW
NoiseTrade.com/Walker
Mal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2012, 10:29 PM   #27
iKnowMr.Jobs
macrumors member

Im having very similar issues. I can send emails from ***@icloud.com but i can't receive. I can however get emails forwarded from my .me account of the same name. Its so, so strange.
Airport Extreme (5th gen)
iKnowMr.Jobs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:50 PM   #28
FogCityMac
macrumors member

Any updates on this?

What could the hold be that's preventing the switch over?

Is Apple still letting people sign up for a me.com account or are all new accounts iCloud.com? And if so, are those new iCloud.com accounts working properly?

Are Apple stores still signing up new customers with me.com accounts when they purchase new products and are helping customers with setup?
FogCityMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:52 PM   #29
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogCityMac View Post
Any updates on this?

What could the hold be that's preventing the switch over?

Is Apple still letting people sign up for a me.com account or are all new accounts iCloud.com? And if so, are those new iCloud.com accounts working properly?

Are Apple stores still signing up new customers with me.com accounts when they purchase new products and are helping customers with setup?
As of today, mine is finally allowing me to send emails from it.

And no, I don't believe you can sign up for a new @me.com account.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:31 PM   #30
whsbuss
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2shyyou View Post
As of today, mine is finally allowing me to send emails from it.

And no, I don't believe you can sign up for a new @me.com account.
Correct. I just setup a friend's new appleID and it defaults to icloud.com
whsbuss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:44 PM   #31
FogCityMac
macrumors member

I can now send from @icloud.com and to icloud.com (without the email bouncing back).

I still have @me.com account loaded on iPhone. I can not set up an @icloud.com email account on iPhone. Can anyone else? If so, did you have to delete your @me.com email address first?

Will the two accounts act inter-changeably? Will everyone's @me.com account eventually go away and everyone migrated to @icloud.com?

Has Apple explained how any of this will work?
FogCityMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:39 PM   #32
newagemac
macrumors 68000

My icloud email address was finally turned on yesterday. It was showing up before and for the last couple of weeks I had been testing sending an email to it but they were all rejected until yesterday.

Also checked appleid.apple.com and now I have the ability to make my iCloud email address my Apple ID and Primary Email Address so I can get rid of the gmail one!

However, that doesn't seem to actually work yet. But before yesterday, there wasn't even an option for it listed. So they are still rolling out pieces of puzzle slowly. Looks like we will finally be able to use just one email address for the Apple ID and iCloud email even if you were a previous Mobileme subscriber.
newagemac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:38 PM   #33
irDigital0l

So I didn't realize that apple hasn't made icloud.com to work yet...

I signed up some very important forms using icloud.com instead of me.com and now I fear I haven't received them yet.

What should I do?

I need to receive those emails. (I just tried sending one to myself with my gmail.com and it got bounced back with an error).

Thanks
irDigital0l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 04:00 PM   #34
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
So I didn't realize that apple hasn't made icloud.com to work yet...

I signed up some very important forms using icloud.com instead of me.com and now I fear I haven't received them yet.

What should I do?

I need to receive those emails. (I just tried sending one to myself with my gmail.com and it got bounced back with an error).

Thanks
I recommend contacting Apple Support as soon as you can to ask them why your @icloud.com email address isn't working yet, if there's anything they can do to activate it immediately, and, if they can't activate it, when you should expect it to begin working.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services