Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:22 PM   #1
JCstudios
macrumors member

Bang & Olusffen Form 2 headphone

Hi folks,

Recently purchased this headphone for my partner, however I have not test this or experience the sound and comfort quality of this headphone.

Would like to ask if anyone has experience with them?

One things i know is they sure looks great.

I need some opinion as to return this and get something else or...

Thanks

Last edited by JCstudios; Oct 28, 2012 at 01:15 AM.
JCstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:29 PM   #2
Destroysall
macrumors 65816

I, myself, never heard 'em. Yet for a hundred dollars, these sure look interesting. I would recommend you try the P3 from Bowers & Wilkins. Then again, it really depends on what you "want" in terms of sound characteristics. That or what you generally listen to?

Destroysall.
Destroysall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:24 AM   #3
JCstudios
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post
I, myself, never heard 'em. Yet for a hundred dollars, these sure look interesting. I would recommend you try the P3 from Bowers & Wilkins. Then again, it really depends on what you "want" in terms of sound characteristics. That or what you generally listen to?

Destroysall.
Edm and pop songs most likely.
What would you recommend on the same price range?

Like I said , they do look nice but one thing I'm worrying about is will it last?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:44 AM   #4
Destroysall
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCstudios View Post
Edm and pop songs most likely.
What would you recommend on the same price range?

Like I said , they do look nice but one thing I'm worrying about is will it last?
Sennheiser HD25SP. Its a great headphone, and is durable. It's a little bit more than the B&O, but its well worth the money.

Destroysall.

Last edited by Destroysall; Oct 28, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:40 AM   #5
fastlanephil
macrumors 6502a

I would go with headphones from either Sony, AKG, or Sennheiser. They're the big 3.
fastlanephil is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:13 PM   #6
Scepticalscribe
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post

Destroysall.
I agree with your recommendation, as I'm also a big fan of the P3 from Bowers & Wilkins; they are beautifully constructed, very portable and offer a lovely listening experience.
Scepticalscribe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:11 AM   #7
JCstudios
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post
I agree with your recommendation, as I'm also a big fan of the P3 from Bowers & Wilkins; they are beautifully constructed, very portable and offer a lovely listening experience.
U
Bt they only comes in 2 colors.... And is a bit dearer than the B & O.

It's for my partner. She doesn't care much of the sound quality.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 08:41 AM   #8
Scepticalscribe
macrumors 603

Quote:
U

True, but either colour looks stunning. Physically, these are attractive ear-phones/head-phones. Re cost, yes, the B & W are a bit dearer than the B & O, but the build quality is excellent.

Also, while you say your partner doesn't much care about sound quality, given that we are discussing a set of head-phones/ear-phones, I'd argue that sound quality is the first feature that needs to be taken into consideration.

Anyway, with the B&W, the sound quality is really extremely good. Besides, they are extraordinarily comfortable to wear. A few weeks ago, I wore them on a few long haul flights for several hours without any discomfort.
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 05:12 PM   #9
Destroysall
macrumors 65816

I'd still recommend the Sennheiser headphone, but the Bowers & Wilkins headphones are great. Another great manufacture to consider is Incase. Their headphones have been receiving numerous amounts of attention in the Head-Fi Community, especially the Incase Sonics.

Destroysall.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 07:16 PM   #10
JCstudios
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post
True, but either colour looks stunning. Physically, these are attractive ear-phones/head-phones. Re cost, yes, the B & W are a bit dearer than the B & O, but the build quality is excellent.

Also, while you say your partner doesn't much care about sound quality, given that we are discussing a set of head-phones/ear-phones, I'd argue that sound quality is the first feature that needs to be taken into consideration.

Anyway, with the B&W, the sound quality is really extremely good. Besides, they are extraordinarily comfortable to wear. A few weeks ago, I wore them on a few long haul flights for several hours without any discomfort.
Not much positives for the B & O Form2. Most people are complaining about its ear pod foam and discomfort after a long time on the heads.

Yes it does looks good, and it makes a statement. However its not that good as a long haul headphone.

I might return it in this case and consider other brands. Honestly, i think the only good thing about the Form 2 is Its design and looks.

does anybody actually own one?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 07:38 PM   #11
Gofre
macrumors regular

Quote:
U

Have you considered the Philips Citiscape Downtown? Attractive, comfortable, and sound great for the price. You can get them for under 50 here in the UK so I assume that finding them for $75 isn't too difficult. If she's not interested in sound quality there's no real point spending more.
Gofre is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio