Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Nov 2, 2012, 02:04 PM   #101
rtr1985
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapaleeman View Post
I actually don't mind the price I just wish the quality of materials was higher. To me it doesn't offer $80 worth of protection as the case feels like a knock-off Tupperware container. I have had one of my phones damaged while in this case and the other case that I bought leaked water which I was lucky enough to catch before it ruined my phone.

As for resale/protection, I would and have paid a lot of money for cases. I'm all for paying for quality and I would pay $100 for this case if it felt a little more solid and fixed the terrible feeling screen protector.

I actually wish a few companies would learn from Lifeproof and "borrow" some of their ideas. I actually really like the headphone screw and covered mute toggle. I also like the hinged charging port. I just wish the quality of materials were better and that the overall quality control was higher. I had to return 3 from their first batch until I got one that didn't leak water and that one leaked a week later.

For a person who needs a case that is ultra durable I don't think this is it. As an every day case that provides minimal protection the Lifeproof seems just average from my use as long as the waterproofing seal holds. The biggest thing is that the marketing is really misleading as it isn't a completely "life proof" case. Needs more shock absorption, better quality materials, and a refined screen protector.

How bad is the screen protector?

Also, what case have you found that is best for your needs? I'm curious of which rugged cases are the "elite" ones.
rtr1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 03:19 PM   #102
AppleZombie
macrumors member

Local Best Buy Manager told me they have a case of 25 for Sunday, but no pre orders.
AppleZombie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 05:50 PM   #103
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleZombie View Post
Local Best Buy Manager told me they have a case of 25 for Sunday, but no pre orders.
That's funny as I've called every Best Buy around here and they said they have Zero in the stores and Zero in transit.

I just hope they ship the online orders.

Update: just called our local store and they say they have some on the way and should be available on Sunday.

Last edited by Hooterville; Nov 2, 2012 at 06:00 PM.
Hooterville is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 06:28 PM   #104
Eckscaliber
macrumors 6502a

Nevermind.
Eckscaliber is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 09:00 PM   #105
rapaleeman
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtr1985 View Post
How bad is the screen protector?

Also, what case have you found that is best for your needs? I'm curious of which rugged cases are the "elite" ones.
The one for the iPhone 4 is awful and this one looks the same to be honest. Not only does it not sit flush on the screen but it scratched the first time I stuck it in the front pocket of my jeans. Nothing in there but the phone so it must have scratched/scuffed as it rubbed on the lip of the pocket as I put it in or took it out.

The pillowing on the screen is also terrible. Sensitivity is not there and I always felt that I had to actually press down to get my phone to react instead of just gliding my finger across. It was not a fun experience. I was willing to accept that if the case was actually protective but it wasn't at all.

As for what case I use, I mentioned it above but on my iPhone 4 I use a Survivor by Griffin when I need rugged protection. Daily I use a Mophie Juice Pack Plus with a Bodyguardz Pure. The glass protector is a tight fit, but it fits and works fine inside of the Survivor. I treat that case like crap and it has held up really well. Even the crappy belt clip which feels flimsy hasn't broke over the course of the year that I have used the Survivor. Shocked me really.

My Mophie has been through hell as well and it looks pretty good. Even with the Pure it still has a slight lip and given that the case is so thick it protects the phone really well. I have dropped it a few times and it still looks ok. The back is a little scuffed up but the sides and the front are fine and have protected the phone.

For daily use when I get my iPhone 5 next week, I'll probably be going with a Candyshell Grip for daily use and one of the new Survivors for weekend/rugged use.
rapaleeman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:09 PM   #106
UltraZ33
macrumors regular

I work for Best Buy and we aren't getting any lifeproof cases. Unless they do a drop shipment during the weekend.
UltraZ33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:47 PM   #107
jeremiah239
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraZ33 View Post
I work for Best Buy and we aren't getting any lifeproof cases. Unless they do a drop shipment during the weekend.
Do you work at a bigger Best Buy store? My friend works at a big Best Buy store and they are gonna have them Sunday.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:50 PM   #108
UltraZ33
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiah239 View Post
Do you work at a bigger Best Buy store? My friend works at a big Best Buy store and they are gonna have them Sunday.
yes, I work at one of the biggest in my area. and there was no sign of them in our inventory system.....trust me, I was looking. haha
UltraZ33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:51 PM   #109
AppleZombie
macrumors member

Just came back from looking at the iPad Mini at Best Buy, saw 2 boxes with "Lifeproof" being taken to the back.
AppleZombie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:07 AM   #110
jeremiah239
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraZ33 View Post
yes, I work at one of the biggest in my area. and there was no sign of them in our inventory system.....trust me, I was looking. haha

That's strange, I hope they are actually gonna get them and my friend wasn't just talking out his ass lol.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 09:26 AM   #111
sjc83
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to sjc83
Ill be going to the Best Buy tomorrow in Mayfield Hts Ohio ill keep you guys posted.
sjc83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 06:15 PM   #112
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a

Best Buy going to have them in stores tomorrow or not?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 06:21 PM   #113
sjc83
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
Best Buy going to have them in stores tomorrow or not?
Maybe.
iPod Nano 4 gig
Old Nov 3, 2012, 07:25 PM   #114
titans1127
macrumors regular

Ive had mine pre-ordered from Bestbuy for about 5 days now and last night I noticed the status changed from 11/4 to status: unknown. It was supposed to ship either tomorrow or monday. Ill probably stop by after work tomorrow and see if they got any in.
titans1127 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 07:40 PM   #115
DanUC6
macrumors 6502

I am pretty confident my local store will have them tomorrow. I will be there when it opens.
DanUC6 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 08:06 PM   #116
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a

It would be nice if we could see Best Buy's Sunday ad for tomorrow.
I searched online with no luck. They might be in their ad tomorrow.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:32 PM   #117
Sgt93
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanUC6 View Post
I am pretty confident my local store will have them tomorrow. I will be there when it opens.
I will be at mine tomorrow. Had to make a trip anyways. If so, I will get an extra or two and let you all know. At cost of course. Not looking to rape fellow members or anyone for that matter.
Sgt93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:01 PM   #118
Joewat64
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooterville View Post
best buy going to have them in stores tomorrow or not?
lmao
Joewat64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 07:49 AM   #119
sjc83
macrumors regular

In my Best Buy Sunday Ad, they feature the 4/4s for $79.99 nothing for the 5.
iPod Nano 4 gig
Old Nov 4, 2012, 07:54 AM   #120
titans1127
macrumors regular

My bestbuy order turned into a 1-2 week backorder. Store pickup shows not available for every store in the area. Hopefully the one by my house got some in.
titans1127 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 08:01 AM   #121
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by titans1127 View Post
My bestbuy order turned into a 1-2 week backorder. Store pickup shows not available for every store in the area. Hopefully the one by my house got some in.

Same thing here I'm just going to call the local stores at 10:00 and see if they have any.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 08:02 AM   #122
sjc83
macrumors regular

can't even pre-order anymore from BB.
iPod Nano 4 gig
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:22 AM   #123
Sgt93
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc83 View Post
can't even pre-order anymore from BB.
Aah, yes you can. It's just not called pre-order anymore since they have met the release date.

Heading to BB in a few minutes.
Sgt93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:24 AM   #124
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt93 View Post
Aah, yes you can. It's just not called pre-order anymore since they have met the release date.

Heading to BB in a few minutes.
You think they have some in the store?
Every store on the site says unavailable
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:35 AM   #125
nascars321
macrumors newbie

Just stopped at a Best Buy in Columbus, OH they recieved none and no stores in the area have any.
nascars321 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories