Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buffboy21

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Im in group B. and im so excited getting this lifeproof case. Does anybody got thier lifeproof case? Beside to Mrbunglez?

buffboy21

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Just be patient man, I signed up as soon as they put it on the website and got the purchase email on Tuesday. It's well worth the wait IMHO.

I have a question for you bro. Hope u dont mind. So if you are in goup A. When did you recieved your purchase link? And lifeproof send out email about goups on nov.1 or maybe earlier than i thought. Cuz im in group B. do you have any idea when im going to receive my purchase link? And how long does it take to get your case at your door? thanks in advance.

Udh20skier

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
I have a question for you bro. Hope u dont mind. So if you are in goup A. When did you recieved your purchase link? And lifeproof send out email about goups on nov.1 or maybe earlier than i thought. Cuz im in group B. do you have any idea when im going to receive my purchase link? And how long does it take to get your case at your door? thanks in advance.

Im in group A and havent recieved my purchase link yet...was just told before the 7th.

Jakkejakkejakke

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
I just wonder, why do people still want the LP case when this is such a controversial product.

I myself fall in that category when I read all the positive reviews on the lifeproof website, and reviews on youtube. I've read that they have found it the best case on the market, that they swam with it during a triatlon, survived 10 foot high drops, that there are firefighters how love the case.

But there's also a large group of LP-owners that had bad experiences with the thing: Irritating screenprotecter which reduces the sensitivity drastically and scratches easily, charging cover that didn't close after a few months, rubber that started peeling off, just bad used materials.

I know this is one of the only massmarket waterproof cases on the market, but the build quality of the otterbox defender (although this one has his own faults and errors by reading forums) and the Taktik case (which seems to make the iPhone resistant to smashes on concrete AND makes it waterresistant) seems to be a better bang for the buck.

Should I believe the stories I read on the LP community and go for this case, or just wait for the Taktik case which is 70$ more expensive ?

Thanks for the input ;)

GenderFi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
I'm actually considering other cases at the moment. The more I think about it, the more that pillowing effect and rainbow effect are gonna bug the hell outta me.

Udh20skier

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Give me names of other waterproof cases then that i can use on a daily basis without sticking it into a sleeve/pouch?

Im on the water 7 days/week an the defender case I just returned was considerably larger than the LP case.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'll pass as I just got my phone yesterday and will go and purchase an otterbox defender as that is too long a wait for me.

I was Group E as well. I also bought an Otterbox Defender from Best Buy, and ordered one from Amazon... got it from Amazon (half the price), then returned it to Best Buy and said I never opened it.

Wasn't willing to wait. I am happy with the defender, I can easily use all of my headphones with no issue, and the 0.2 m Lightning to 30-pin adapted works just fine as well.

It's fairly tight...but i think that might be a good thing. It allows for no play while the phone is in the case. Unlike the otterbox defender...the phone feels secure and does not slide around.

I tried out the LifeProof case on my work phone before I made my final decision to buy the Defender... I just could not stand not being able to use the iPhone connection in my car or my headphones without the extension... and the dock extension is $30, it should have come with this item from the start...

ncstatered21

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
I had pre-ordered on 10/31 from Best Buy cause I was in group C and mine got backordered this morning. When I called CS at BB he told me his earliest delivery date was 11/16 (the last day for Lifeproof to send me a link ironically). But when I check this afternoon on Best Buy website it showed that I could pick up in store on 11/11. The CS confirmed this and said he could switch mine to store pickup if I'd like. He said it showed all BB in my area having store pickup on 11/11 so he said there must be a scheduled delivery for that day.

He also said I would still keep my original order date so if I didn't get it 11/11 that I could still get it shipped by 11/16.

Hopefully it comes to my BB 11/11 and I get it early and save money on shipping!

----------

My defender had some play as well,contacted Otterbox and they are sending me a new back cover that will fix the problem.

Talking to CS now. Hopefully I'll get sorted out

GenderFi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Looks like Bestbuy has changed their shipping dates once again. My pre-order is in progress and says it will ship within 1 biz day.

sh8dow

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Just a heads-up! Placed my order for pick-up in store at a sorta nearby Bestbuy and it's ready for me. Only one nearby store has them "in stock," ready for pickup and the others have a 3+ day wait. You can check if there are any "in stock" at nearby stores on the product's page by clicking on Check Shipping & Availability -> Check Stores.

Search:
6936908 - Black (iPhone5)
6936862 - White (iPhone5)

ncstatered21

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
Looks like if I order now, it will be available for pick up on Sunday.

----------

sold out, wow.

Haha yes I was about to change my order to have it shipped so I could have it on 11/7 and I called CS. But then once I called CS they said they have no stock. I then looked at the website while I was on the phone with CS and all the pickup times went away. Looks like I'll have to wait till 11/11. Oh well better than 11/16.

ncstatered21

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
The date it became available for pre-order: 10/30/12

I ordered 10/31 and changed it to pick up in store on 11/11. Now i regret that cause I think it would've shipped.

I'm an idiot.

Guess theres more to life than phone cases and I just need to forget about it.

malochico1

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2012
placed an order on the 1st, it now says preparing to ship. usually whenever i order from them, which for some reason i do alot because i hate going into stores. it ships the next day or so and i have the item within 2-3 days tops.

lets see

ncstatered21

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
placed an order on the 1st, it now says preparing to ship. usually whenever i order from them, which for some reason i do alot because i hate going into stores. it ships the next day or so and i have the item within 2-3 days tops.

lets see

I was able to call again and going to be able to get mine before the weekend like I wanted. Phew

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.