Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Can Apple just stop suing everyone already? Jeez.

But what else could they do, innovate like they used to?

I wouldn't be surprised if the name iFone originated from iMac and iPod, so tracing it back to its roots... Maybe Apple will sue over the use of the i? :D

I wouldn't be surprised.

Don't know about anyone else but companies sticking and "i" in front of their product/company name leaching off Apples success deserves everything they get.

Yea cause Apple owns the letter "i." I could see it now on Sesame Street. This is episode was brought to you by the letter "i." BAM APPLE SUES BIGBIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Apples success of iProducts in 2003? What was there, only like an iMac or something. iPhone didn't come out until 2007. How is this leaching off Apple's success? Please stop trying to defend corporate companies when they are in the wrong.

I hate when people reply like this but...

+1

Yeah, and the iMac was ****, eh? :rolleyes:

Stop playing the Apple Defense Department here and face it, Apple is sue happy these days. Instead of innovating to shut Samsung up, they sue. Plain and simple really.

Boilermaker_coday

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2011
Yet another dumb ruling. iPhone is "different" than ifone... Duh!!

:( :( :( :(

What pool of resources are these countries getting their judges from?!?

You don't know what "phonetics" means?

for anyone else who comments without knowing what they are talking about, read this first: Phonetics means it sounds the same, as in with sound waves. Written in text, it is spelled differently but if you heard a recording of someone saying it out loud there would be no way to know the difference.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
I guess it's only a question of time before they sue Iran and Iraq for their obvious trademark infringement.

It's not iRan or iRaq!! Or iZrael... or iNdia.
You probably have half of the world places starting with "I"
So you can relax, Apple is not going to do that :rolleyes:

faizanshakyboy

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2011
Islamabad
It doesn't need an offer, if iFone sues Apple, according to Mexican laws, it could win up to 40% of the sales that Apple makes using the iPhone brand since the first introduction of the iPhone in Mexico. And since Apple has never win an argument in this case, the Mexican company has a great chance to win.

CountBoni

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2011
London, UK
I find funny those comments about apple leaving Mexico because of the drug cartels.

You know there are cartels in Mexico due to the drug consuming country at the north of them, right?

There are many Mexicans being killed just to avoid the drugs from reaching the backyard of any of our regular high schools here in the US, and also, you all believe those drugs are getting here without the active collaboration of the sweet gringo, right?

Some posters here put the "I" in ignorance.... Mmm, it could be a cool apple product: " the I-ignorance" coming to a store near you.

Amen bro, my dad (military forces) fought all his life to prevent drug lords to succeed in taking the drugs to kids in Mexico and the USA, a lot of his friends died or had their lives destroyed, unfortunately most people from the USA don't know this, or they don't care, they only see one side of the coin, Mexicans are the bad guys and they are the good guys... ignorance and indifference are worst than all the drugs combined. :(

Kanunu

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2009
Hawaii
"Mature"?

Can Apple just stop suing everyone already? Jeez.
I used to work in the biotech seed industry where everyone sues each other all the time. The seed industry is what is called a mature market, that is it's not getting any bigger so the participants squabble over market share.

Apple's suing everyone is a sign that they are out of new ideas and just trying to protect old ones.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
The two very sad points that are just bleeding out of this forum are:

1.) The fact that not too many even bothered to read the entire article until. Which is evident until about page 8.

And

2.) The fact that even after people started to understand that Apple sued a company that had a trademark at least 4 years before the iPhone; they continued to argue hair-splitting points just to save face . . . . much like their beloved company.

Love MR. Get warned for double-posting but feel free to post as much racist and bigoted tripe as you like. :rolleyes:

Agreed! I've been trying to get that across to many of the moderators, but so long as you say things they like and that go along with their own biased and bigoted perceptions then you are fine.

There are about 4 pages worth of racist and bigoted comments written about Mexico and Mexicans but in the mods eyes, "Who cares! They aren't bashing my country, or Apple, so let them stay."

melendezest

Suspended
Jan 28, 2010
I cannot remember a product, but an example of a company name (which would be equivalent to the current case, as iFone is a company name) predating the iMac announcement is iTECH. Apparently they filed the iTECH trademark in late 1997.

OK. That's one case. Conceded.

However, since the advent of the iMac, the i prefix has become almost synonymous with Apple. But even Apple has licensed or struck deals with owners of names that predate its ownership, like iPhone and the aforementioned IOS.

I just think that anything named i-anything after Apple made the prefix ubiquitous is just ripping. But that's what lawyers are for, and I'm not one. Don't really care either way; I just find it amusing.

TrentS

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2011
Overland Park, Kansas
Dippy.

You don't know what "phonetics" means?

for anyone else who comments without knowing what they are talking about, read this first: Phonetics means it sounds the same, as in with sound waves. Written in text, it is spelled differently but if you heard a recording of someone saying it out loud there would be no way to know the difference.

Well, Duh! Thank you for schooling yourself on this matter.

:D :D :D :D

Ryan John

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2011
Yet another dumb ruling. iPhone is "different" than ifone... Duh!!

:( :( :( :(

What pool of resources are these countries getting their judges from?!?

The good one that doesn't go all weak at the knees when Cupertino flex their muscle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.