Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skateny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
Never even thought of doing this before, but I'm trying to keep myself occupied while I'm still without heat, power and gas (though I'm able to charge my battery and access WiFi at a local bakery).

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
If you have the Pro-license of Quicktime, there is an option to save the streamed files. Well Apple offers it, though it is illegal ;)

If you have uploaded a home-movie if your own and can't find the original and now want to get it back ;) you can use the following:

People say it is possible to capture your screen with VLC, but I did never get it to work.

No freeware: SnapZProX (screencapture)

Firefox add-on named "FastVideoDownload" or go to "show source code" in Firefox and search the code, were the video is played, copy that link into the download manager of FF.

Or put the temporary files out of the Quicktime-folder, if they are shown there. It's only for divx, which is less used. My OS once showed such files in movies->divx movies->temporarily downloaded files

skateny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
Not really. Besides that's illegal ;)

If you have the Pro-license of Quicktime, there is an option to save the streamed files. Well Apple offers it, though it is illegal ;)

If you have uploaded a home-movie if your own and can't find the original and now want to get it back ;) you can use the following:

People say it is possible to capture your screen with VLC, but I did never get it to work.

Firefox add-on named "FastVideoDownload" or go to "show source code" in Firefox and search the code, were the video is played, copy that link into the download manager of FF.

Or put the temporary files out of the Quicktime-folder, if they are shown there. It's only for divx, which is less used. My OS once showed such files in movies->divx movies->temporarily downloaded files

Thanks for your good work.

Since it's illegal, I'd rather pass on it.

Rizvi1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Maryland

I wonder if the "fastvideodownload" would let me save some of the HBO Go, Max Go (Cinemax), and Showtime Anytime content. I'm a paying subscriber to all three services but would like to be able to capture some of the vids for planes, car rides (on sprint 3g and data's not fast enough to stream), etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.