Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 4, 2012, 01:24 PM   #1
skateny
macrumors 6502

Arrow Is there any way to record streaming video on an iBook?

Never even thought of doing this before, but I'm trying to keep myself occupied while I'm still without heat, power and gas (though I'm able to charge my battery and access WiFi at a local bakery).
Old Nov 4, 2012, 07:23 PM   #2
rjcalifornia
macrumors 6502a

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateny View Post
Never even thought of doing this before, but I'm trying to keep myself occupied while I'm still without heat, power and gas (though I'm able to charge my battery and access WiFi at a local bakery).
Not really. Besides that's illegal
Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:57 AM   #3
Cox Orange
macrumors 6502a

If you have the Pro-license of Quicktime, there is an option to save the streamed files. Well Apple offers it, though it is illegal

If you have uploaded a home-movie if your own and can't find the original and now want to get it back you can use the following:

People say it is possible to capture your screen with VLC, but I did never get it to work.

No freeware: SnapZProX (screencapture)

Firefox add-on named "FastVideoDownload" or go to "show source code" in Firefox and search the code, were the video is played, copy that link into the download manager of FF.

Or put the temporary files out of the Quicktime-folder, if they are shown there. It's only for divx, which is less used. My OS once showed such files in movies->divx movies->temporarily downloaded files
Cox Orange is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:48 PM   #4
skateny
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcalifornia View Post
Not really. Besides that's illegal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox Orange View Post
If you have the Pro-license of Quicktime, there is an option to save the streamed files. Well Apple offers it, though it is illegal

If you have uploaded a home-movie if your own and can't find the original and now want to get it back you can use the following:

People say it is possible to capture your screen with VLC, but I did never get it to work.

Firefox add-on named "FastVideoDownload" or go to "show source code" in Firefox and search the code, were the video is played, copy that link into the download manager of FF.

Or put the temporary files out of the Quicktime-folder, if they are shown there. It's only for divx, which is less used. My OS once showed such files in movies->divx movies->temporarily downloaded files
Thanks for your good work.

Since it's illegal, I'd rather pass on it.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:44 AM   #5
Rizvi1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox Orange View Post

I wonder if the "fastvideodownload" would let me save some of the HBO Go, Max Go (Cinemax), and Showtime Anytime content. I'm a paying subscriber to all three services but would like to be able to capture some of the vids for planes, car rides (on sprint 3g and data's not fast enough to stream), etc.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:31 AM   #6
craisin
macrumors newbie

If you have Firefox there are a few add-ons that would do it.
craisin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs