Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Nov 3, 2012, 03:53 AM   #1
thatoneguy82
macrumors Demi-God

Amazon Add-On

I don't know when this started since I have a Prime membership and frankly, I don't care. Apparently, some items are "add-on" items that are priced so low that it would be "cost-prohibitive" to ship by itself. Therefore, it has to be shipped with other items to exceed $25 or you can exceed it by just changing the quantity of the item itself to exceed $25. Proceeding to checkout is impossible, the item is removed from the cart. Changing the quantity at the final page, removes the add-on item.

Basically, if you buy something labeled as an "add-on" item, be aware that it's going to cost you at least $25.
thatoneguy82 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 08:09 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Yeah. Not for everything though. I think they're trying to get rid of the people who buy $0.99-2 dollar items like every week. It's not profitable.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 04:36 AM   #3
thatoneguy82
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Yeah. Not for everything though. I think they're trying to get rid of the people who buy $0.99-2 dollar items like every week. It's not profitable.
I understand that I suppose. But, it's ridiculous how it's practically shoved down your throat that you cannot checkout until your order exceeds $25 if you have an add-on item, even if it's 24.99. Prime members shouldn't be subjected to this since we get free shipping all the time anyway.
thatoneguy82 is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion