Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Have you ever had a realization or duh moment with your iPhone's hardware/software?

Software: I thought the only way to listen to voice mail was to click the speaker button rather than holding my ears up to the phones face to listen like any other regular call.

Hardware: Going into an Apple store to complain about one of the speakers not working and finding out one of them is the mic.

Let me hear yours!

mushtama

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2012
Well it's not really down to the software, but there was a time when the alarm went off and I "picked up the phone". I then proceeded to swear at the phone first thing in the morning as no-one was answering and was annoyed that I had been woken up :p

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
Well one day I was in the car and I had my iPhone with Navigon GPS app mounted on the window. Had to make a phone call and started freaking out because I thought I lost my phone...before realizing it was on my window. Felt really stupid.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
It happens, mainly to the people who have no idea what all the things are on their phone. I bet the look on the Genius's face was priceless.

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
Mine:

1. holding it wrong

2. using google maps on a first date

3. investing hundreds in stereo equipment which no longer interface with my phone

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
My fiances cousin called me one day frantically..."MY IPHONE WONT RING OR MAKE ANY SOUNDS ANYMORE!!"

So i told him to restart the phone, and a load of other troubleshooting stuff. Nothing worked. Finally i told him i'd see him later on, so i'll take a look at it. But be prepared to have to exchange it.

Later on, i see him. He hands me the phone, and i can see the orange on the mute switch. Immediately i began throwing insults and verbal abuse.

He's like, OH is that what that thing is for?

cuti

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2010
Listen the music with the new earpod, sometimes I recalled that last time the sound was extremely awesome, this time the sound lacks of base and lack of everything. I tried to closed all the app and reboot the IP5.. finally I realized that there is a Right and Left earpod specificly for this new kind

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Mine:

1. holding it wrong

2. using google maps on a first date

3. investing hundreds in stereo equipment which no longer interface with my phone

I actually wished I had google maps on one of my first few dates when I almost got lost coming home from the airport I picked her up. I think that's more embarrassing than using a map app.

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2008
I can't think of any that I've done, but a friend of mine thought her iPhone was broken because it wouldn't rotate back to portrait orientation... She was holding the phone upside-down.

wepiii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2012
I spent about 10 minutes running around the house looking for my phone while running late. Finally found it when I complained to the person I was talking on the phone with that I could not find my phone anywhere.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I spent about 10 minutes running around the house looking for my phone while running late. Finally found it when I complained to the person I was talking on the phone with that I could not find my phone anywhere.

ROFL!! I've done that before, too :D

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Have you ever had a realization or duh moment with your iPhone's hardware/software?

Software: I thought the only way to listen to voice mail was to click the speaker button rather than holding my ears up to the phones face to listen like any other regular call.

Hardware: Going into an Apple store to complain about one of the speakers not working and finding out one of them is the mic.

Let me hear yours!

I've never had any, but a lot of my friends have thought "both" speakers didn't work on their iPhone. Then I told them one was a microphone....

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Got my iPhone replaced at Apple so it came with the plastic covers on the screen and back. I cut off the bottom pieces to use as a temporary screen protector but when I got a call later in the day, I could barely hear the person on the line and got so mad thinking I got a phone with worse issues than I had before... then I realized the plastic cover doesn't have a cutout for the earpiece lol :p

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
When I first got my 5, Siri would randomly say words as I was typing, but not all words. Took me a while to find 'Speak Auto-text' was on.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Forgetting to lock the phone and putting it in my pocket. Sent phantom emails of gibberish to my clients.

Letting my girlfriend or someone play with my phone, and then thinking I lost my phone because I try to feel for it just a second later in my pocket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.